Oblivion crash on startup after getting Wyre Bash.

I got wyre bash today, but as soon as I was done setting it up, my oblivion would immediately crash on startup before it even shows the bethesda logo. It was working yesterday before I installed Bash. I even tried disabling ALL my mods in OBMM, then using steam's "delete all local content" and then re-installed oblivion to no change. Any idea what is happening or how to fix it?

Edited by RustyShackleford69

When you install mods, remember to read all documentation and check all ini files for each and every mod you install. That will help you keep track of what you actually add to your game.

Have you checked Oblivion Stutter Remover ini file? It caps FPS to 30 by default. Also, you said you reinstalled the game, but if you reinstalled all mods before testing again, your reinstallation was pretty pointless, I think. It is usually best to install mods one by one and test the game inbetween. It makes troubleshooting easier. :thumbsup:

Hmm there is no stutter remover in my documents> My Games> Oblivion, but there was a file in steamapps> common> oblivion> called "sr_Oblivion_Stutter_Remover" with this on the inside:

NVM this, it was a log...
Also, I have another question about Wyre bash, does it not use virtual folders?
I got curious with body mods, but when I saw it mangling textures on all the bodys (I screwed up somehow... I might make that another topic...) I decided to use wyre bash's installers- uninstall on roberts, but it didn't do anything! The bodies were still there with broken textures! I had to manually delete all of my body meshes and used steam's verify cache thing...

I have no idea what you are talking about. What virtual folders? If you installed a mod with WB, you should be able to uninstall it too. I have never had issues like that, maybe you have others mods that conflict. You cannot uninstall a mod if you did not install it with WB. And OSR is an OBSE plugin, so it is in Data\OBSE\Plugins with its ini file. That file looks like a log file. If you use an ENB with fps limit, that might cause your fps to be capped in gamemode, but unlimited in menumode.

Your Roberts problems sound like improper installation ... vanilla body textures on Robert's meshes will be messed up.

Modding Oblivion takes much more than pushing a big green button. Even using Wyre Bash's BAIN installers will require you to learn things you will only learn by installing mods manually (unless you don't have any desire to actually understand what you are doing, and are satisfied with blindly following advice, in which case I'd advise sticking with BAINs that have a wizard to guide you through the options).

Edited by Striker879

I have no idea what you are talking about. What virtual folders? If you installed a mod with WB, you should be able to uninstall it too. I have never had issues like that, maybe you have others mods that conflict. You cannot uninstall a mod if you did not install it with WB. And OSR is an OBSE plugin, so it is in Data\OBSE\Plugins with its ini file. That file looks like a log file. If you use an ENB with fps limit, that might cause your fps to be capped in gamemode, but unlimited in menumode.

Ah, it was in the OBSE folder, I'm an idiot. I changed it, hopefully it all works now!

UPDATE: Yup, that fixed it. Thank you!

Sorry about the virtual folder thing, I may be using incorrect terms... I meant if it directly edits and overwrites the vanilla data or not- like if betting a replacer would be irreversible or not. Maybe I just messed up the wizard install- I'll see if it works this time.