[WIP] The Commonwealth Survival Guide

TWarrior

Yes, it is exactly what you are thinking!

Robot tinkerer Moira needs your help with acquiring data for her book "Commonwealth Survival Guide". Ready to got on a large and unique fetch quest?

done so far:

- Moira added to the Science! Center in Diamond City and tweaked the building a bit

- Moira sells Automatron parts as she is a robot tinkerer (DLC required!)

- Part 1: radiation poisoning quest done with answers depending on perks

- Part 2: Super-Duper Mart quest done with dialogue choices of lying, perk checks and ending the quest prematurely

- Part 3: find a physics textbook in D.B. Technical Highschool for Moira and acquire it through speechchecks, thievery or searching the building.

This concludes Chapter 1 of the Survival Guide and I am currently finishing the scripting of part 3 up. Also I am herby looking for a female voice actor, who is able to follow me through this project and voice Moira. So far only chapter 1 has to be voiced, however the voice actress has to be available in the future for chapters 2 and 3. Full credit will be given!!

Chapter 2 is in the planning phase right now, no scripting done yet.

Edited by TWarrior

Dialogue differs and as you can read above, part 3 of chapter 1 is completly new and not a replica of the fo3 quest. in chapter 2 the quests will differ even more, even though the theme stays the same.

Edited by TWarrior

Wow this is exciting stuff. As far as quest rewards go perks are gifts that just keep on giving. I think anything that adds rad resistance is useful whether you're playing in normal mode or hardcore/survival.

thanks to the amazing FrankFamily I was able to fix the last script errors. I also cleaned the mod with FO4Edit manually. Now it is time to add the voiced protagonist voice files. this will take some time, also some dialogue might need to be rewritten based on what dialogue options the voiced protagonist has available.

UPDATE ! just added most of the MALE protagonist voicefiles to the dialogue thanks to the amazing FO4 voice file reference tool (http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12132/?). very tedious and boring work but it has to be done. i do have to splice some audio together though for some remaining dialogue options. however i first want to get the FEMALE protagonist voices to be in place by tommorow evening.

• 4 weeks later...