Skyrim: The Extended Tomes

iansaltman

I am still waiting for the construction kit for Skyrim just like everyone else, so I wish to have most of my mod planned out before its release so I can be ahead of the game and get my mod produced in a much faster fashion. Now, onto the details.

I felt inspired to make this mod after approximately thirty hours of Skyrim game play. Before playing the game, 64 spells seemed weak. After playing the game, magic was so satisfying it didn't matter. Now that I'm a master wizard, I feel slightly deprived of certain abilities/spells I think I should have.

I would like to include spells from Morrowind and Oblivion (Such as mark & recall) possibly some Midas Magic spells (If I can ever contact Xilver from the plane of AFK) and add some other spells submitted to me by you, right here on this thread! Yes you, not the person looking over your shoulder about to assassinate you right now, you! So come on down (the page) and comment! :)

Yes, please more spells! The more the merrier....but try not to add as many destruction spells. Concentrate on making the other schools of magic have useful spells.

Destruction will have a couple effects brought back from Oblivion, however, I do agree the other schools need more focus.

I would really like to see an Illusion or Alteration spell that creates a darkness equal to night.

Alexis

*smiles*

Making it nighttime? Or perhaps a shroud of darkness?

Levitation would be handy with all them mountains.

Genius, or perhaps another spell just for mountains.. no your right. A levitation spell makes more sense ;D

On the topic of spell tomes, could someone mod in eating the tomes?

Like, you want to learn spark so you open the book up, read a bit and then rip out pages and start chowing down?

That's what it feels like you're doing in-game anyways.

On the topic of spell tomes, could someone mod in eating the tomes?

Like, you want to learn spark so you open the book up, read a bit and then rip out pages and start chowing down?

That's what it feels like you're doing in-game anyways.

Haha! That's quite... creative. Maybe some sort of absorption method would be easiest ;D

I would prefer a Shroud of Darkness, useable only indoors or else. The or else being that if you use it outdoors anyone who can see the inky cloud knows a mage just cast a spell (alerts hostiles), but once they enter the darkness the penalties should still be in effect.

Also, a spell to extinguish flame based lights, i.e. torches, campfires, lanterns etc, so you can force a greater darkness for your stealth type character. (Think back to Thief and the water arrows to douse torches)

Alexis

*smiles*

Before Skyrim came out I compiled this list of missing effects;

I compiled this list of "lost" spell effects from the two previous TES. Updated the list with a few I had missed like Cure Disease.

Missing In Action:

(morrowind, not listing a few that really wouldnt fit anymore)

Mark/Recall

Levitation

Daedric/Divine Intervention

Extrication

Jump

Burst of Speed

Poison

Blind

(Oblivion - some of these are inexcusable, others are probably just as well left out)

Feather

Burden

Open Lock

Water Walking

Fire/Frost/Shock shield

Bound Armor

Summon 50 different things :P

(Soul trap is not on the list above but this cant possibly be missing, so Im not including it as missing)

Disintegrate WEAP/ARMOR

Damage health/fatigue/magicka (To be fair, this may now be redundant. Lighting and frost damage Magicka and Stamina, new attack spells..)

Drain health/fatigue/magicka

Weakness to xyz

Chameleon

Charm (Not sure what purpose it could have)

Command Creature

Command Humanoid

NIGHT EYE

Silence (New spel Muffle is a noise/sneak thing, so Silence is missing)

Dispel (might not be of much use with this system anyhow)

Reflect Damage

Reflect Spell

Spell Absorption

Absorb health/fatigue/magicka/skill

Fortify health/fatigue/magicka/skill

Cure disease

Cure poison

Resist XYZ

MODDERS OF THE NORTH! ON MY MARK! FIX IT!!! :flamethrower:

The list wasn't really off. Whats listed above are pretty much the whole shopping list of lost spells.

I'm hoping many of these can be added back by mods, as I find the current state of magic truly pathetic. Aside from the Destruction woes, the currently implemented spells are mostly OK but the list got truncated so bad it's worth crying.