Anyone have this UI Bug with books?

RomeoJGuy

When I put a book into a container or sell using my mouse to select which book to sell then the mouse usage is disabled and I can only navigate the books by keyboard or mouse wheel.... It is pretty annoying not to mention the whole UI being clunky and junk. I'd even say Oblivion had a better UI even though that one wasn't much better.

I don't understand the logic of creating fancy UIs over usable UIs especially when the UIs will be heavily used by players as they play through the game. The worst thing in my opinion though is the clunkiness of using multiple spells or weapons. It interrupts the flow of combat whenever you need to change weapons or spells you have to pause the game. They need to invest in some Usability personnel at Bethesda post haste.

"I don't understand the logic of creating fancy UIs over usable UI..."

Consoles and developer laziness. It's easier to pretend that PCs don't exist and let modders do your job than put in a week's worth of work and deliver a quality product.

Console gamers outnumber PC gamers bu a lot (Like, really a lot). The PC UI is usable, just get use to it.

If we were ten, and they were millions, you'd have a point. However, console gamers are millions, and we are millions too. Say we're 20% of their customers, what kind of company goes "well, it's just 20% of our business, representing several million dollars of profit, so f*** 'em, they aren't worth taking one week's worth of time from our UI guy." Assuming that guy is paid a massive $100K per year, that one week is represents a "massive" investment of ~$2,000.

The PC UI is "usable" in the same way one can walk a mile with rocks in their shoes.

More info on the OP's issue in this thread.

No my issue is to do with the once the book is already in my inventory. It also happened to me with a few other situations recently but I forget what it was. Wasn't books this time. Needless to say there are some problems in the UI where after performing an action and you were using the mouse for highlighting it will stop using mouse input and instead revert only to keyboard input.