Fix for the range which NPC's start randomly talking to you

Rystne

It's so annoying going to a city, just minding my own business when some guard like 30ft. away says to me "What's the matter? Somebody stole your sweet roll?" and I'm like, "Dude, I'm not even near you..?" while simultaneous some random child runs past me and starts blurting out her life story, " I WORK WITH MY MOTHER SELLING FRUIT ON A STAND, IT'S HARD WORK BLAH BLAH.."

This is stuff that would make sense if I walked up and looked at the NPC, but they're just screaming it at me while I'm running in their general vicinity. I end up having to weave around like a minefield if I don't want to get verbally assaulted every time I need to sell my junk. All it needs is a reduction on the range these events trigger and possibly a small delay.

I feel like this should be a fairly easy tweak, no? They had this mod for oblivion, so I know it's possible.

Edited by Rystne

Some of the guards are also un-necessarily sarcastic or mean. Every time my character gets called a kitty or a lizard, or I get accused of having my sweetroll taken, I want to turn around and deck them one but them damn bounties.

Some of the guards are also un-necessarily sarcastic or mean. Every time my character gets called a kitty or a lizard, or I get accused of having my sweetroll taken, I want to turn around and deck them one but them damn bounties.

I got away with this in Whiterun once. I yielded and he was all "Rawr, pay up scum" and I was like, "B**** please, I'm Thane 'round these parts" and he apologized.

: )

Edited by Rystne

once i was just becoming attacked by a dragon and a stupid npc get to me and start activly talking to me to ask me to hide a weapon he just stole... I couldn't pass this... while I was flamed by the beast. Then he stop talking to me, force me to take the weapon, I couldn't refuse it and then I was overweighted, facing the dragon... I add to take this thing out my bags... then 20 sc later an another npc came and ask me if I have see a guy running around...

then I died...

thanks for stupid scripts in the middle of an another event...

Haha! Try Random Elder Dragon Encounter when you've just got a Frost Dragon den. Painful.

Has anyone else noticed that people will sometimes follow you indoors if they started talking to you when you enter a building? They finish what they were saying then walk out like they would be offended if you didn't listen to them. I noticed this most specifically at my player home in Whiterun but it also happened a couple of times with guards when I went into the Jarl palaces