Anyone else have finalizing a character?

Captainradish

Anyone else have problems sticking with an individual character? I got the game on Friday and have played about fourteen different characters, none of which have made it past the trip up to see the Greybeards. Currently I am playing as a Nord mage, but I am thinking about scrapping him and playing as a heavy armor Orc.

I just finished my Imperial sneaky archer yesterday, but the whole time playing him I was thinking about creating a Khajiit mage so I kind of rushed the main quest and started again. Now I feel a lot more comfortable with this character, but knowing me I will end up starting a new character. I do prefer to play low level anyway. Edited by PrinceNathan

After a while being a sneaky archer borders on too easy, you end up being able to wipe out rooms of 5 or 6 people without them ever detecting you. That is why my Khajiit mage has a secondary in daggers and sneak. Sneaking with daggers looks really hard ( aside from invisibility potions and 15X damage on backstabs) because you have to get so close and personal, still having fun too and I guess that's the main thing hey.

I don't have this problem.. With mods coming out, I'll keep the same character and level past the cap so eventually I'll have everything. That's what was good about Oblivion.. there was a lot of freedom--you were able to work on everything and it didn't hinder you that much. I really didn't care about racial perk or some special race in general though, I'd rather stick to humans. Edited by Reddimus

This is my number one reason why I spent 3 years playing oblivion, I kept restarting my guy every so often.

I've done 3 restarts, I stuck with an Imperial Knight/Archer guy for now, but one of the kids is playing as a Khajit Thief (because it looks like the Cat) and it is totally different. I figure I'll probably start a few more times :biggrin:

I am primarily playing two toons.

A good goody Paladin type class and an evil Dark Elf mage. When I get to the same quest npcs I answer appropriately of what an evil or good class would respond so I can see the different end result of the quest completion. It's a good way to test Bethesda's radiant AI. While the main plot is obviously scripted the same for both toons regardless of their good/bad reputation history. I have noticed a big difference with the same random quests.