Enemies respawn, ---> help!

Hi guys, i have a question, this is not a real problem but something that i want to try to fix, also by myself using the geck but i don't know how and even if is it possible, let me explain: when i kill a creature it will respawn in the same place where it has died, for example mutants die in front of washington munument (at the entrance where there are also bos) and i will find them always here now, making impossible the fast travel here without die, there's a way to make them respawn always at the start point? Where you find them for the first time, where is also their marker actually, thanks for everyone and hope for a solution!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. All actors respawn where they died and resume their AI package from here. These mutants are generic ones with a patrol and a sandbox near editor location package but the problem is they also have a no low level processing check (like most creatures in game) so they don't use the package until you are in the same area. Try to uncheck it and see if it helps them go to their original location in your absence. It shouldn't have any impact on the game performance.

Mmm so the respawn point/location depends for the al packages, how can i uncheck it? I mean i have to change it in where you find creature's generals like stats, model, faction ecc, or change it in general?

I've seen that all mutant use a deafult sandbox called "DefaultSandboxEditorLocation512" it's maybe this one? Thanks however for the support i want to change this thing a lot :smile:

I think what Papadopoulos is suggesting is to allow them to respawn at their death locations but change a setting in the Creature record (not the AI package) that allows them to roam in their sandbox whether you're in the area or not so that they wander away from their death location (making your fast travel result less pre-determined). Most all Super Mutants are based on a template though and that's the level it would need to be changed at. I haven't experimented with this to see if it would work or not or how much extra processing strain it would introduce but I will.

They actually come back to their location when i am in the same area but this does not happen if i am using for example MMM , i mean , only one mutant walks back to his original location, but all the other mutants (that appear with the incrased spawn with him in his position marker ) stay here doing nothing , this is why i want to make theme always respawn in their original and same location , i want this to avoid that only one come back and others stay where they die . You said that i have to change the template of super mutants, you mean the files called for example "lvlsupermutantgun"? (the marker where they respawn in the game)and if yes what i have to do? Thanks a lot for the explanation and for the reply :)

Well, you can't edit the "No low level processing" on LvlSupermutantGun directly since it is based on the template EncSuperMutantGun. You could uncheck "Use Base Data" which allows you to to uncheck "No low level processing". That would cover the 209 instances of that creature. For my test, I followed the chain of leveled lists starting at EncSuperMutantGun to find that the lowest level templates are CrSuperMutant1GunA, CrSuperMutant2GunA and CrSuperMutant3GunA. I disabled "No low level processing" on those three records. So far is doesn't seem to have broken anything but I not sure how to test it to see if it fixes your issue.

Edited by CarlCorey

For testing it i do this: use tgm and run away from mutants to the washington monument entrance, when they arrive here i kill all of them, after i use fwe (fallout wandere edition) respawn system and i select "one hour respawn", after i go the history museum and i wait one or two hour, after that i go to the exit to see if they are still here or in their original position. I am going to try the esp that you sent me and if it works fine also with MMM, i will tell you also if it works after, THANKS A LOT! :laugh:

Tried but it doesn't work, it looks like that mutants without "no low level processing" don't respawn they stay dead all the time also after the number of hours necessary for the respawn... I am going to try it with al packages if something change, maybe i follow the first idea of making them come back to original position in my absence and make it compatible with MMM :confused:

Edited by Guest

Sometimes I find myself making strange seemingly unnecessary things. For an encounter mod I was making, I had vertibirds dropping off troops and used a script to disable and delete them after a certain amount of time. I noticed that by adding a line to the script, it'd pretty much be an unnecessary workaround for random spawns. I know for a fact that it'll place who or whatever you want right where you want them.

If you can't find a more elegant solution, I'd be willing to share an adapted version of the script with you, when I have the time to get it ready and if it can be adapted to work without an external script handling the placement part.

The downside is that you'll need to replace the offending spawns with named XMarkers and add a script (and possibly uncheck the respawn box) to any actors that use it, but so long as the script is applied to all the actors that it uses, you'd be able to just have the script place the same spawn that was originally there. Also, I've never tested the long term effects of using the disable markfordelete method it uses.

Edited by uhmattbravo

I know what you mean, the same type of script is used by creatures like wanamingos, geckos, ecc in MMM, they actually don't respawn they appear infinite time near marker location with a special script, well... I don't know if with standard creatures works well, I need to try to see if it works also with incrased spawn and other features like extra creatures ecounter with mutants like behemoths ecc. Yeah I have to delete the respawn option to all creatures that are going to use that type of script and make it that works forever, everytime the enemies die after the respawn time, but if it works I will use it forever! I didn't understand the part of the offending spawns with named Xmarker, you mean that i have to change the creature marker in game or the red marker called Xmarker? or eventually add the Xmarker to each creature marker? Thanks for help and for the eventually mod, if you make that script and share it with me I will try it immediatly also with MMM :)

OK. I warn you now, this is far from perfect. It's going to be a lot of boring, tedious work on your end depending on how many spawns you want to replace, and unless you can come up with the solution I didn't have time to figure out, you have a chance of them disabling and respawning (possibly even in combat) while you can still see them.

Step one:

Go to your object window and click world objects -> static. Find xmarkerHeading on the list. Place one right about where the original spawn is. Double click the xmarker, click the box that says "reference editor id" (the top one) and type a name for it. My sample script calls it MyXMarker.

Step two:

Click the original spawn. At the bottom left of the editor window it'll give you the base object's id. Find the base object in the object window. Double click it. Click the "ID" box at the top left and rename it. (My example script uses "MyleveledBaddieSpawn") click OK, then click yes to create a new form.

Open the script window, click script -> new. Copy and paste this:

scn UmFakeRespawnScript

short CurDay

short FirstDay

short DoOnce

short DaysSinceSpawn

begin GameMode

if DoOnce == 0

set FirstDay to GameDaysPassed

set DoOnce to 1

endif

set CurDay to GamedaysPassed

Set DaysSinceSpawn to ( CurDay - FirstDay )

If DaysSinceSpawn > 2

MyXMarker.placeatme MyleveledBaddieSpawn 1

disable

markfordelete

endif

end

------------------------------------

Click save, close the window.

4. Double click the leveled enemy you made. (Again the example script calls it "MyleveledBaddieSpawn") at the bottom left, under template data uncheck "use script". Now click the script dropdown box and select the script you added. If you didn't change the name it'll be "umFakeRespawnScript". Leave it open.

5. This step can be done 2 ways, first the easy and compatible way: under template data uncheck use base data and enter a genaric name (ex. Super mutant) and uncheck respawn. Whatever actor is placed by it will use this name.

5b. The hard way (Optional) Find the template in the object window under leveled creature (or leveled NPC) double click it then double click each form and unchecked respawn on each one. Some may point to other leveled lists and/or require you to track down other template actors. Make sure anything the spawn places is set to not respawn.

6. Click the original spawn and press delete. Then place one of the non respawning spawns you made (MyleveledBaddieSpawn) at the Xmarker. One spawn has been replaced.

To replace additional spawns you'll need (for each) an xmarker with a unique name (for each) a script with a unique name (also replace the name of the xmarker in it to the unique named one for that placement, and, if needed a replaced non respawning leveled creature (or leveled NPC) placer form.

Good luck.

Edit: as posted the script calls for a respawn every 3 days. It can be altered by changing the 2 in the "if daysSinceSpawn > 2" line to 1 less than however many days you want it to be. If you want to use a random number of days, have it calculated before that line and stored in a variable (most likely a short unless you don't want it to use just full days)

Edited by uhmattbravo