[LE] How do I add custom Weapons/Armor to a Standalone Custom Follower?

I have two files for the curiass piece

torso_0.nif

torso_1.nif

both the armor and the armor addons point to torso_1.nif

However the Black Rose original ArmorAddon files point to a leather set from the vanilla game

I have two files for the curiass piece

torso_0.nif

torso_1.nif

both the armor and the armor addons point to torso_1.nif

However the Black Rose original ArmorAddon files point to a leather set from the vanilla game

should I jsut redo the set then and have the Armor Addons and Armor .... oh hell I see what I did wrong.. LOL I made them point to the meshes in the MALE body set not the female

The armor addon record should point to the actual files for the armor, and the armor record should point to the world model. As for the leather set, I'll assume that it's a female/ male only armor, and they were substituting that for the missing gender-specific armor. If it's there for both, then point the appropriate one towards the actual armor nif.

Glad you got it sorted! Have fun with your new follower then!

The armor addon record should point to the actual files for the armor, and the armor record should point to the world model. As for the leather set, I'll assume that it's a female/ male only armor, and they were substituting that for the missing gender-specific armor. If it's there for both, then point the appropriate one towards the actual armor nif.

well I tried it by using the armor addons. And her body completely disappears when I tell her to get naked. So I deleted the nakedtorso armor addon from MAFK, and she got naked but when I told her to get dressed her body disappeared again.

So I tried it the other way around, and it was the same thing only reversed.

Then I tried making her armor a outfit, with both the MAFK armor addon and the armor add on for the Blackrose.

When I put the new outfit on her, her body disappeared.

This seems like an immpossible problem. Damned if I do and Damned if I don't.

Its extremely frustrating. I know have been working on this for almost 20 hours straight and I am about ready to give it up.

I can get the sword into the game, but this armor set seems impossible

well I tried it by using the armor addons. And her body completely disappears when I tell her to get naked. So I deleted the nakedtorso armor addon from MAFK, and she got naked but when I told her to get dressed her body disappeared again.

So I tried it the other way around, and it was the same thing only reversed.

Then I tried making her armor a outfit, with both the MAFK armor addon and the armor add on for the Blackrose.

When I put the new outfit on her, her body disappeared.

This seems like an immpossible problem. Damned if I do and Damned if I don't.

Its extremely frustrating. I know have been working on this for almost 20 hours straight and I am about ready to give it up.

I can get the sword into the game, but this armor set seems impossible

I GIVE UP

This is impossible.

So now here's the thing. I got her to take off her clothes. No problem but when I tell her to get dressed (followers immediately go to their armor with Let's get naked Mod) the game crashes immediately. No its NOT a conflict with the mods. I've checked that.

I did add a form list for the armor containing the Armor Addons and I had to create a form list for her skin (which solved the floating disembodied head problem). I made armor objects for both containing the correct records.

I am thinking it now has something to do with the form lists? I have one set up for the armor and one for the Naked Skin.

On her profile in the Traits Section Skin is set to NONE.

So what I am going to do is delete everything, resave, and start over.

Taking these steps listed on this page http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Creating_a_custom_race_for_Skyrim

Just maybe if I dump all of it and start fresh this will work. What no one told Me is that I have to make a new form list for the armor.

Kind of important that I would think.

well the armor shows up in her inventory and even show sit is equipped, but is invisible in game on her body, leaving her naked.

SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME!!! I've been working on this problem for 2 days now and I got a little help from one person everyone has been silent like this some big secret

so I switched her to use vanilla enchanted glass armor and now she won't even wear that!!!

Even though it is in her inventory!!!

This is just stupid. I should have just stuck to the vanilla assets like I did in My Raven Skyheart Mod

Hi there,

please forgive me if my answer sounds stupid, I've just browsed the first and last page of this topic very briefly... but what you're stating about certain armor addons pointing to vanilla models sounds to me like you messed it up with the male / female declaration at some point. Please make sure that you don't mix those - you have to point every mesh and texture to the copies (or originals, depending on how you did it) you are actually using, BUT at the same time, they also have to match the gender which they are used for!

For example, I made a custom female follower and wanted her to wear a certain piece of custom armor from another mod. I took all the necessary files from that mod, put them in custom folders (you should always do that, so you don't provoke any conflicts with already existing mods), edited the armor / armor addon entries in my ESP so that they point to those files AND to the correct gender in that case. I believe there are default models as a "fallback" if nothing else is specified. Those might be the vanilla models (or nude bodies) you are seeing, I don't know.

Also, please keep in mind that some armor mods have their textures "hard coded" into the mesh, meaning, you can't just copy the files to a folder of your choice, but would also have to edit the meshes with NifSkope or similar tools to update texture paths. Another reason for "invisible" body parts might be, if you're mixing body types. There's a reason why CBBE armors won't work with the UNP body or vice versa. But I guess you already know that.

I'm still learning the Creation Kit myself, kind of, so maybe we could help each other here. Now I've got some little experience with that since I got it to work properly for my own mod (as I said), so if you want me to read the whole topic again and give you my elaborate thoughts, feel free to ask.

Edited by ThraxxMedia