[WIP] Shezzarine - The Fate Of Tamriel

anbeegod

With all due respect, I will be releasing an overhaul of "Message To Whiterun" some time near the end of this month, and it does not require a new game to work (the rest of the civil war having done already). Except perhaps changing outfits in existing NPCs, which seems to make them naked until player resets them with a console command. But it's not why I am asking that question - I am wondering about that, because mods that are designed to require starting new game tend to end up not compatible with other mods, and the issue often disappears after refactoring the mod to avoid that. If you don't plan more updates, I'll know where to put your mod on the In(Compatibilites) list right away, thank you.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect, I will be releasing an overhaul of "Message To Whiterun" some time near the end of this month, and it does not require a new game to work (the rest of the civil war having done already). Except perhaps changing outfits in existing NPCs, which seems to make them naked until player resets them with a console command. But it's not why I am asking that question - I am wondering about that, because mods that are designed to require starting new game tend to end up not compatible with other mods, and the issue often disappears after refactoring the mod to avoid that. If you don't plan more updates, I'll know where to put your mod on the In(Compatibilites) list right away, thank you.

I've planned to list the quests that I've edited for the reason that you mentioned - for the players or modders to determine where to put the mod and to find out incompatibilities more easily. For modders specifically, I'll also tag the edited start-game enabled quests.

The quests that I've edited should not have critical incompatibility with other mods though, since I've seen few (if there was any) mods that edited scenes and dialogues. For parts that I've edited where incompatibilities happen, it's easy to make compatibility patches. In truth, I deliberately avoided directly editing often-modded and problematic vanilla quests (eg. CW, Blood On The Ice). Any reference to those quests is stored outside their quests.

When will it be released for Special Edition? Please release it soon, I need this mod in my life :tongue:

A few issues will be resolved before its Special Edition version is released.

• 4 months later...

This does seem interesting. And i love the Caesia follower mod, you did an amazing job on that, of course. I just wish i could help out. I'm only 15 and the closest to scripting that i know is python. xD

Seriously though, i really wish i could help you. But good luck, i'll be supporting you all.

- Harry

This does seem interesting. And i love the Caesia follower mod, you did an amazing job on that, of course. I just wish i could help out. I'm only 15 and the closest to scripting that i know is python. xD

Seriously though, i really wish i could help you. But good luck, i'll be supporting you all.

- Harry

You can check if Skyrim's scripts are close to your liking, it will also help you understand how Skyrim's mechanism works.

How compatible is this mod with Requiem?

There will be no major incompatibility, but this mod touches vanilla objects, so a patch might be necessary. I'll need someone's help with a Requiem patch because I'm not familiar with Requiem.