I am terribly disappointed in Bethesda

CelerasRingor

Yeah i done some things i truly didnt want to do. But i cant leave a Quest uncompleted, then there will be no resolution =/.

If a quest is evil by nature at least add lesser evil/morally gray choices as well to the resolution of the quest. Then again with my moral standings i cant even do most of the Thieve/Brotherhood Quest at all.

Yeah this is exactly how I feel. Also I think the house is locked until you go and find the source of the voice. I thought I was going to be able to kill or stop whatever the voice was coming from.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My issue is that the game forces you to accept some sidequests in order to advance the main story- for example, when you enter Riften, you are directed to speak with a man who immediately tries to hook you into joining the Thieves' Guild. There is no option to ignore him; he walks up and forces the conversation. Likewise with the Mages' Guild when you enter Winterhold for information further along. You can't not take those quests. Even if you choose not to complete them, you aren't given the option to just say no in the first place. You can't walk past the quest-givers, and in some cases you can't even quit the conversation without clicking through several dialogue options first- and sometimes none of them are what your particular character would have said. That sort of sideshow railroading doesn't belong in a sandbox RPG. Quest-giving NPCs should never force dialogue unless their associated quests are main-plot related.

Yea lets not try to defent bethesda with the crap " well if u want to be a good guy dont take the quest". Thats bulls*** maybe the guy wants to make all the quests no ? .. Actually for any quest there should have been a good and bad path.THe same for everyguild like the assasssins there should have been an order guild who fight them or somethign like that. But this means bethesda should have worked twice as hard for the game. and it woul dhave been really a close to 10 game.. Now its an 8.5 game. Still a nice game .. but not a 10 game.

Skyrim is a much darker game overall. Persoally, i don't mind this considering the context of the world right now. I do agree that being forced into some quests (Such as the Theives guild, who just make me want to murder the entire guild) but i think it's being blown way out of proportion. If you don't want to complete the quest, don't. Theres not even anything forcing you to complete the main plot line, you can just run around the tundra till you die of old age.

I know some people hate having quests in their journal that they don't want to do, but really, considering all the game offers, its not so bad. Get over it.

you can just run around the tundra till you die of old age.

How is that fun at all? If I wanted to run around in a northern climate for no reason I'd do it in real life. You don't need a game for that.

considering all the game offers, its not so bad. Get over it.

The game doesn't really offer much in my opinion. Actually that is the whole point of this topic.

Edited by CelerasRingor

Right now, it seems like the game caters more to the kind of player that doesn't really care about what happens to the people of Skyrim and is just there to kill stuff and get epic loot. That is fine, but don't tell me there is all this freedom when there isn't. I feel like I wasted my money and the only thing that will make this game mildly fun to play again would be some miracle wonder mod that makes the game the way it should have been.

If you honestly believe there is no freedom in skyrim,do me a favor and take a shotgun and blast your head off.Cause i certainly will.

Threatening physical violence against another member just got your account closed. Take your attitude with you as you leave. --TNL

Edited by Thandal
poster banned.

If you honestly believe there is no freedom in skyrim,do me a favor and take a shotgun and blast your head off.Cause i certainly will.

Well that's nice. Blow my head off because I don't like the same things you like. Sigh... I guess I can't expect the games to be any better when they have fans like this.

Yeah..........I feel u, my only complain is that the world in Skyrim doesn't really changes, in feel, from what you do. Take Fallout3 as an example, when you blow up Megaton, if feels like everything in DC changes, people know and seem to care about the action. Here....well....no matter what you do, people just dun care and everything seems normal like nothing happens. Yeah....those guards know but they don't care. How am I suppose to feel good or have a sense in achievement when no one cares about what I do?!I AM SUPPOSE TO BE HUMANITY"S FINAL HOPE.....THE ONLY, EXTINCTING, SUPER ULTRA RARE, DRAGONBORN!!!

But yeah.....hope Beth knows about this and "patch" it~