Are Katana's in the game?...

TypicalRandom

As far as I know there's only one kind of katana (that I can name from memory), and the Blades use them. I know Delphine carries one, and I'd assume they'd also be random loot in some areas. Other than that, I don't know.

No, it's not a Katana, but it's Japanese, and is essentialy the same style. A Katana has a, usualy faintly curved blade, but is truly set apart by being a core of one strength of steel, laminated in another, much like some bows-granting it both strength AND a sharper edge. The Ebony Blade would probably fit into the general To catergory, presumably a Tanto from it's length, a preceding weapon to the Katana. Frankly I wish Katana were more common-they're an extremely graceful weapon, but the shear effort and mastery that it takes to make one means that they're as much a work of art as an achievement of metalurgy.

The Blades are supposed to be using Akaviri weapons, because the Dragonguard - the predecessors to the Blades - were Akaviri Crusaders who invaded Tamriel in search for the Dragonborn (read 'The Book of the Dragonborn'). But for some silly reason the weapon is called 'Blades Sword' and not 'Akaviri Katana' or even 'Katana'.

I found mine at the Sleeping Giant Inn at Riverwood in Delphine's secret basement. I also used a chest there for temporary storage and seems to be ok, for the moment anyway. I saw the Blade's sword on the rack and had my first real moment of excitement...YES! Later, I improved it and it now does 24 damage, love it. :thumbsup: I think this was the Akiviri Katana used in Oblivion. Edited by BarefootWarrior