Roberts male body replacer help

graynoldor

I know there are many threads from other sites and including this one,and ive honestly checked them all and cant find anything that works. heres some things about the game and computer if it helps.

-Oblivion goty eddition deluxe from steam

-2gb radeon grapphics card, i7 processor, 12gb memory 1tb hardrive

heres my problems

1) when ever i downloaded roberts body replacer v5 (from verious sites including this one) it never comes with the Readme it says it has, it has a very short one that just tells you how to replace body parts. so ive had to look on help threads for installation walkthroughs

2) ive tried obmm and it didnt install it correctly, even looked on youtube for obmm how to to walk me through that

3) when its installed it seems the body textures work, but he always has a loincloth on (even in other nude mods ive tried to install)

now before anyone asks

yes i have enabled the esp when starting up oblivion

yes ive tried adding the archieveinvalidation.txt with the script in it.

and yes ive been able to install adult animation mod which worked

so at least it seems its only the textures that arnt working and a lot of the problems for readme's seem to be that allot of these mods were made before all this downloadable content and the data folder was added.

if anyone can give me a full walkthrough of using obmm to install it or another program, or even another manual install walkthrough it would be awesome =P i would be greatly appriciated if who ever gives the walkthrough has the same goty deleuxe steam eddition so i dont run into any problems with it being the version and the extra content files.

- Gray

To make replacers work:

- If you're on Steam, I heard stock .bsa files should be re-dated(around 2006 would be good).

- Once you re-dated .bsa files(via any file date changer or maybe Wrye Bash), do Archive Invalidation. BSA Redirection is recommended for it is reliable, and does not alter any stock files other than Oblivion.ini.

Edited by LFact

To make replacers work:

- If you're on Steam, I heard stock .bsa files should be re-dated(around 2006 would be good).

- Once you re-dated .bsa files(via any file date changer or maybe Wrye Bash), do Archive Invalidation. BSA Redirection is recommended for it is reliable, and does not alter any stock files other than Oblivion.ini.

how do i redate >..> alittle new to that. i downloaded the other thing, after i redate the files if it still doesnt work i just give up and will wait for mods to come out for skyrim =p

You can use either File Date Changer 1.61 or FileDate Changer v1.1 to change the dates on all of your bsa files. They will be found in your game install folder in the Data folder and will be named Oblivion - meshes.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa, etc. Change the year to 2006 (which is what the year is on non-Steam bsa files) and you'll be good to go. Edited by Striker879

If you're using OBMM, you can also go to Utilities -> Archive Invalidation and click "Reset BSA timestamps" once.

Afterwards make sure BSA Redirection is applied properly, again by simply selecting it in this dialog and sticking to the default settings (there's no options for BSA Redirection anyways, so messing around with any of the settings is pointless and without effect). BSA Redirection is a one-time-only step and will eliminate the need for Archive Invalidation entirely. Plus, if dozens of Steam users coming to me with issues with my mods, only because it was this issue from Steam keeping replacements from working, can be trusted, BSA Redirection also seems to be the "only" approach working for Steam.

Once BSA Redirection is in place though it is paramount to get rid of any left-over "ArchiveInvalidation.txt" files in your folders, either placed there automatically by using the different approaches in modding tools like OBMM before, or by you manually as instructed by an outdated readme of some mod (and yes, there can be more than 1 in different subfolders), as these files now will tell the game to use external files over internal ones which aren't inside the only BSA requiring Invalidation anymore (an "empty" dummy as installed by BSA Redirection), which of course is bad and bound to cause multiple random issues!

But there could be different things to blame here either, giving your OP a closer look.

Robert's Male is "not" a Nude Mod, as isn't any other body replacer. In fact underwear is the default mesh you get (in all body mods I know), if you don't replace it with a nude option by file copy&renaming first.

So if it is this underwear bothering you and not the actual Vanilla lowerbody mesh with the loincloth, then this has nothing to do with the replacement files not being used by the game and the anyways crucial steps already given you, while absolutely inevitable nevertheless, will not fix your issue of just not properly installing the files you want to use.