obmm not working (on steam)

tingo69

i just got oblivion and wanted to use mods. i downloaded obmm first and whenever i try to install a mod with manager it just gives me an error message.

Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (nxm) isn't associated with any program.

what can i do to fix it

i just got oblivion and wanted to use mods. i downloaded obmm first and whenever i try to install a mod with manager it just gives me an error message.

Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (nxm) isn't associated with any program.

what can i do to fix it

sounds like a windows7 problem. Have you installed the game in default area. better install in C: games\oblivion cause the windows7 control center wouldn't give you full access.

have fun :thumbsup:

harvald

what can i do to fix it

sounds like a windows7 problem. Have you installed the game in default area. better install in C: games\oblivion cause the windows7 control center wouldn't give you full access.

have fun :thumbsup:

harvald

how do i install it to the default area

Here's a link to Bben46's Oblivion reinstall procedure. Note the link at the end of the 10th line down from the top ... it will take you to the Steam support page for moving your Steam installation (linked again here because the link is easy to miss on the Wiki page).

what can i do to fix it

Odd neither OBMM nor NMM use firefox/internet browser to open files

think the issue may be

are you clicking the red box "download with manager" -- as this is for NMM not OBMM

for OBMM you need to download manually

then install with OBMM

Edited by Fonger