Warning, KEEP your Items

daventry

Do not drop any Dragon Claws or sell them, not even the Staff of Magnus, just because you think you are done with those, well wait till you get to a certain Cave or place and you need those things, good luck finding them again.

Bethesda made a mistake in making Quest Related Items are done that becomes a side mission without telling the Player you Cannot drop Quest Item.

I shall be waiting for a Mod to help with this until the Game is sure that i can Drop or Sell the Item.

Now im not sure what else there was, but im Very Glad i kept all the Dragon Claws, maybe the Bleakfalls Barrow one might also be important.

Edited by daventry

There's a list of item codes somewhere that might have what you need. You can use the console to spawn them in your inventory. If you feel like you're cheating, then just drop a rough estimate of the amount of gold you got from selling them.

As far as I know, the first follow-up quest that Tolfdir said I needed the Staff for, I actually didn't. The thing blew up on its own after I killed the enemies.

Edit: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Console_Item_Codes_%28Skyrim%29

Edited by Reddimus

i think vendors keep the items u sell to them!

only for a while. vendors refresh their stock every few days, refilling their gold and removing any items the player sold to them. if you dont buy it back before then, its gone forever.

I don't like cheating personally, but when a game bug screws you over, i think it's more than fair to use the console as needed to rectify it. When the ability to buy a house in markarth broke for me this morning and i had to reload an earlier save to fix it, i used godmode to re-kill the two dragons i had beaten between the two saves. it's only fair.

I think i found a Glitch, im suppose to find Red Eagle's Sword, but i cleared the whole area where its suppose to be and still the Journal tells me to find it, have i found it already somewhere that i dropped it and the Game dident tell me it was Important, or is there Another Sword.

I believe it's sitting on an altar in the area daventry, so if you used a shot or a spell in the area that had a lot of force to it... you may have greatly increased your search area on accident...

daventry, Red Eagle's sword is on the head Forsworn guy at the altar outside of Sundered Towers. The altar has a note about bringing Red Eagle back to life, but the sword itself is on the Forsworn leader there by the altar.