True Anthropomorphic Race

TheDragonEpmperor

I love this idea! I missed it in Oblivion and I just wish that there would be a mod for Skyrim where the Khajiit would have digitigrade legs instead of the plantigrade ones! Had an idea of making an awesome looking Khajiit with leg wrappings instead of wearing shoes cause they have paws and lots of fur anyway :3

Like in this picture from Blotch: http://www.furaffinity.net/full/7010038/

It's not ''adult'' or naked or sexual in any way!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Drake said I'm trying to get these working with little or no changes to the skeleton. I compressed the entire leg a bit overall so the knee is higher than where it would be on the vanilla body. I still don't know what that will look like when animations are run. It may work, it may look awful. WHo knows, maybe an animator will jump on board with this but until then I gotta work within my limitations.

And thanks for the comment. :D

RP

This is really amazing, it look real good, and yes I agree with you to keep the knees in position. This way few of the outfits need to be modified, probably robes and dresses might need to be pulled a bit back below the knees, replacing boots with leggings will be an larger job.

As for animations, http://www.checkitplanner.com/captivate/intro/work.htm this uses the default victoria 4 walk animation, work because the paw/toe and knee position is at the same point as default.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I have a question... How many furries there is in this topic ? :D

Been a furry since I saw Robin Hood by Disney when I was a kid. Around 30 years ago. My first hero was Robin, my first childhood crush was maid marian. Hit teenager became the normal male brain full of sex, just furrier. =P

Btw, what do you think of a non-lore friendly addition of one of these into the mix?

1137001226.areee.areewolftaur.jpg

About khajiit (and other anthropomorphic race) animations

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/9920/noha.jpg

Normal animation skeleton (green) has three major joints - hip, knee and instep (as normal human leg in Oblivion and Skyrim skeleton). The main movement is based on the hip and knee, instep ranges little. For proper leg movement we need to correctly determine the degree of "wrap" legs in the "knee" and "heel" and the length of the calf bone. The animation then there is no need to change.

The leg according "true" khajiit leg indicate (red) four major joints in skeleton. Animations for that leg skeleton then needed to "proper movement" movement at least in three major joints (hip, knee, heel/instep - four joint is finger / toe). Then we need create completly new animations for legs...

Because if we only "bends" leg skeleton in the knee and instep and the last bone (finger/toe) extended (to reached to the ground), the animation looks terrible

Problem is, many plugin creators, try to do khajiits and argonians at similar fashion as in Morrowind. But that does not work. "Stooping" skeleton, with the forward knee extended can not use standard animation in Oblivion and Skyrim - it looks terrible. In Oblivion and Skyrim skeleton must be straight, as for humans. Then "bends" must be an model, not skeleton.

AreeSoothsayer - an cat-centaur?

Da mage create base skeleton, model, some animation and basic scripts for clasic centaur (in Oblivion).

I tried to do something with his base idea - it is this:

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3558/kent20.jpg

Pyrothraxus MoonStar -Do not be too strict.

In Oblivion we had a minotaurs.

And how many subraces have khajiit? Some are, as described, very similar to bosmers - and some others are used as riding animals.

Edited by Semtex