New character: with most useless skills (poll inside)

eggplantObelisk

What are the most useless skills?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most useless combat skills (can choose multiple)

• Archery
    • Block
    • Heavy Armor
    • One-handed
    • Smithing
    • Two-handed
  2. 2. What are the most useless magic skills (can choose multiple)

• Alteration
    • Conjuration
    • Destruction
    • Enchanting
    • Illusion
    • Restoration
  3. 3. What are the most useless stealth skills (can choose multiple)

• Alchemy
    • Light Armor
    • Lockpicking
    • Pickpocket
    • Sneak
    • Speech

Two-handed - not gonna happen!

Restoration - Use potions instead

Speech - It's not like I'm gonna warn my enemies "Hey, watch out I'm going for a sneak shot, stay still!"

Block is considered useless? Dual-wielding fanboys are voting! BLOCK is downright ÜBER! Anything falls before the mighty shield bash!

K so umm... let's see here...

Two-handed for combat skills... cuz you can't wield a shield with it.

I'd say Destruction for magic since it looks like you're making a mixed character. Its spells do not benefit other skills that much, whereas you can crowd control with Illusion and shield with Alteration/Restoration etc...

For stealth I say lockpicking; you will never need to invest in this... you'll be swimming in lockpicks anyway so breaking 10-20 to pick that Master lock ain't a problem...

I don't know why nobody likes Two-Handed... sure, you lack a shield but you can still block and it has the bonus of killing anything in 1-2 hits. Mages are a huge problem but if your smart, sneaky, and rush them you can blitz them dead quick.

I see Pickpocketing isn't too popular, guess people are playing good characters?

Archery - I haven't used bows much yet so I don't know how good or bad this one is.

Block - 100% worthless. If you want to stagger your opponent just hit him with a power attack while he is blocking. No point taking damage yourself.

Heavy Armor - Insanely good, especially when you remove the weight penalties.

One-handed - Not as good as two-handed. No reason to block so the shield is just a stat stick pretty much.

Smithing - Completely overpowered, combined with alchemy (130% fortify smithing bonus anyone?) and enchanting (fortify smithing and alchemy gear) you can make insanely good armor and weapons that pretty much makes the game a joke even on master difficulty.

Two-handed - I find this to be far better than one-handed. Kills mages faster, staggers opponents more and kills them faster. I don't understand the hate for it in this thread.

Magic

Unfortunately magic is all pretty terrible in this game. It's not what it was in previous elder scrolls games.

Alchemy - Godlike. 130% fortify smithing, 32% fortify enchanting, 100% resist potions (can make one potion that's 100% resist frost/fire/shock with the right ingredients), fortify sneak by 130%, pickpocket by 130%, 2H by 100%, etc.

Light armor - I see no benefit to wearing light armor over heavy armor except early in the game when heavy armor weighs a lot. But even then the protection is worth the weight.

Lockpicking - There are a lot of locked doors that are shortcuts and/or give you access to chests with nice stuff in them. Yes, you can get by without this skill but it's not useless at all.

Pickpocket - This one is mostly useless. Money is so easy to come by in this game that it really isn't even an issue. There are a couple quests you need to pickpocket for that's the only reason it's mostly useless instead of completely useless.

Sneak - Same as all previous games it's quite useful. You can get by without it, though.

Speech - Fairly useless. As I said money is so easy to come by it doesn't matter what prices you get at the shop. It can be useful for persuade and intimidate checks but there's pretty much always another way to get through the quest if you can't pass the speech check.