How do I make a battlemage?

reddd123

Hi I am brand new to this game, well I played a bit of Oblivion, never went into it seriously but I am prepared, I've read about battlemages and I wanna be one! But I just have no clue which race is the best one to pick, what perks am I suppose to get and what do I level up with like do I choose Stamina, Health or Magic, what is the ratio?

Can someone give me an explanation and walk through like what perks do I get I know I'm asking for a lot but I really wanna play this game the right way! I've found a skills perk builder on IGN if that makes it easier to explain to me thanks! You just gotta copy the permalink on IGN at the bottom to show me!

http://www.ign.com/builds/the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim/create

Dark elves lend themselves to the battlemage race, with their resistance to fire, and bonuses to one handed and destruction magic.

Perk wise- heavy armour, one handed, destruction, heal, and perhaps enchanting and smithing?

Dark elves lend themselves to the battlemage race, with their resistance to fire, and bonuses to one handed and destruction magic.

Perk wise- heavy armour, one handed, destruction, heal, and perhaps enchanting and smithing?

Wow thanks for the quick reply didn't expect someone to offer me help that fast! So Ill pick the dark elf character, but when I get to the stones do I pick warrior or mage? I pick mage right? Yeah Im a total noob! I use to play mmorpg's like runescape and was good but want something advance like skyrim!

just read what each perk does...

Hints:

You don't need to bother about duel wielding, or block ability- one arm damage is what you want, as far as magic goes- spec in destruction, and resotration.

As for which branches of each- I like to get all the damage perks for fire soon, and obviously the perks with halve the magicka required for spells.

For healing, get the ones which reduce magica, and improve healing efficeancy.

Other than that, it's up to you!

I'd add conjuration to them mix. At level one when the court mage sells you bound sword spell, it's probably the best weapon you will have for a while. plus you can conjurer atronachs early on. They are extremely useful because mages won't have as much health as a tank..

Edited by Ghogiel