Equipping Right and Left

kylemoo

So i was wondering if its possible to set a hotkey so i can equip an item in my left hand, I dualweild and i hate having to click on the left handed weapon to equip it since i have quite a bit of mouse lag. Is there a hotkey that i can use to equip it that im missing? or any mods? Thanks for reading :)

Because i wanted dualweapons for my next characterbuild i tried this now, and it doesn't work for me. Also i tried to equip the weapons as wanted and then set the hotkeys, but this also doesn't work :-( Edited by Dalter

• 3 weeks later...

Rather than use a hotkey I instead open the favorites menu then press up or down to highlight the desired weapon and press the mouse button to ready it to that key. You don't need to move the mouse cursor to the weapon, just highlight it.

It works well with spells also.

Q -> Equip a weapon in left hand.

Q -> Equip a weapon in right hand. Hotkey this one.

From there, you can switch out your bow or a two hander while still keeping your left hander equip with your first hotkey.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work with spells, have to manually switch. Which isn't really that bad unless you're playing a Dual Wielding Mage (Is there even a class for that? O.o) - If you are, you could use a conjured weapon and just hotkey the spell in the left hand. Not sure if that will work right, plus it costs mana every switch, but better than nothing I suppose.

And yes, we do need a mod that fixes it.