how to create a dark interior cell?

krollo

Throw in a few skeletons and some gory details, Spookiness it a bit and maybe some Glowing one's, Green eyed Mole rats, really creep it out and you have a killer mod.

Some of the audio can be changed too.

I can render the Entire game in total blackness if so desired.

I'm interested in how that's accomplished. I'm not trying to argue with you, just trying to interpret your information and apply it to what I already know. What I was thinking was, I can't apply your steps that just say 'don't touch anything' if I haven't created anything yet.

The thing I don't quite understand is how moving the lights below the floor works if there aren't any lights to begin with. Or when you have multiple floors, like a Vault. Do you know why a custom interior cell with very little in it, and no lights at all, will have fog? I've thought it might be because it's the way the game engine limits sight distance when there aren't any roombounds, lights, or other view management elements. But I still see the fog even when I have the 'default lights' from the CK illuminating the whole cell.

Have you watched this tutorial video from Bethesda on how to set up the lighting in an interior cell? (It's for Skyrim but almost everything should be more or less the same).

Edit: Also thankyou for taking those screencaptures Purr4me, it shows exactly where the changes need to be made.

I think between that and this video it should have the information that you two were looking for. If there's anything it doesn't cover, just ask and I'll try to find out for you or explain it more clearly.

Edited by PoliteRaider

Have you watched this tutorial video from Bethesda on how to set up the lighting in an interior cell? (It's for Skyrim but almost everything should be more or less the same).

Edit: Also thankyou for taking those screencaptures Purr4me, it shows exactly where the changes need to be made.

I think between that and this video it should have the information that you two were looking for. If there's anything it doesn't cover, just ask and I'll try to find out for you or explain it more clearly.

If you look close, you will all notice a gift I gave here, your free to have a look as to what it takes for an Entire game and what is completely required to do all of that, it's a lot of work and fine details are required.

I will say it's not as easy as I posted, but people need to understand. if there is a problem, somebody knows how to fix it.

........................................(FederalRationStockPile)................................

tear in to that and see what makes the Game engine do what it does.

Kitty.

it shows exactly where the changes need to be made.

Not all of it, only a small part of it, most people won't go through that much trouble to begin with when they see just how much work is involved.

There's a lot more and I did say there was more. It's all in the file.

But I still see the fog even when I have the 'default lights' from the CK illuminating the whole cell.

If the master cell has "fog in it, that comes from a Light template or similar effects template, OR you can move it too down and out of existence.

But you can not do this with a duplicate, duplicating data is a bad thing for this game, others too.

In order to do this for duplicates, the master also needs the same treatments too.

in short, the term Duplication is not as depicted here, it is how I rendered it in the file here. The plugin it's self IS the dup of the Original so no need to "duplicate it as was done here. I fixed this issue..understand me? is not easy. But it will become clear soon.

Been following this thread, and I found a different way of making a cell pitch-black.

Here's what it was at first -

http://i.imgur.com/niALEGs.jpg

You can see the colored fog quite clearly.

Here's the same cell now -

http://i.imgur.com/jegVVTv.jpg

Fog is gone (?) and cell is much darker. In fact it is completely black with the exception of the placed light objects.

In my cell I switched off the template which was left-over from duplicating the cell I had originally started with.

As Purr4Me points out, the settings are now inaccessible, so I was left with only "Fog Max" as an option. I unchecked that box.

The fog colors were all accessible, so I went about switching them all to black -http://i.imgur.com/UDvkLkE.jpg

That's all I did.

Edit - Actually I also changed the "Near" setting to '8000', and "Far" setting to '10000' (just thought I'd see what it might do - I was winging it). (see photo)

I'm really pleased with the results. :smile: Hope this helps you guys.

Edited by RaffTheSweetling