Boycott Beth.net

Mitigate

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing I do will change the course of what will happen,im just a simple gamer.But ill be voting with my pocket when its all done and dusted which is the only thing I can do

Is that why pay to win, day one DLC, season passes and COD repeats are so huge right now? People don't actually vote with their wallets! They give up every bit of power they have and just go with the flow because it is easier.

Everyone thinks they're just one person, what can they possibly do. So nothing ever changes.

I know I'm going to lose this battle. But I'm still going to voice my opposition. It's like getting raped by Mike Tyson, it's gonna happen if he wants it to, but at least you can kick and scream and say you tried to stop it...

Edited by Mitigate

I cant control what other people do,but I do vote with my wallet after my fallout 4 experience I will never pay full price for a betheseda product again.

And starting a thread in here will do very little to influence anything that happens because I doubt Zenimax executives are reading this

But just like the place where you rest your head at night, it didn't NEED to become a commodity... People let that happen. The same is happening to modding now.

I have no interest in debating the philosophy of magical unicorn rainbow land where everyone shares out of the goodness of their hearts.

Philosophy is a game where people make up the rules as they go, and no two people are playing the same game.

This is not my fight.

I see no reason to lose a big part of my audience in order to support some boycott. It is in my best interests to take advantage of every outlet I have to promote my art.

I cant control what other people do,but I do vote with my wallet after my fallout 4 experience I will never pay full price for a betheseda product again.

And starting a thread in here will do very little to influence anything that happens because I doubt Zenimax executives are reading this

Yeah but the mod authors clearly are reading! Maybe some can be swayed?

I see no reason to lose a big part of my audience in order to support some boycott. It is in my best interests to take advantage of every outlet I have to promote my art.

Even if it ends up restricting your ability to express it?

maybe some can but the removal of a few or even a few dozen mods will do little to impact anything.The only way betheseda would take notice if they were nearly all removed and that is not going to happen as a large part of the mod authors see beth.net and its additional audience as a good thing

a large part of the mod authors see beth.net and its additional audience as a good thing

Until they introduce paid mods and whatever else they have planned... I am astounded that people trust them after last time...

Edited by Mitigate

Even if it ends up restricting your ability to express it?

Nothing is restricting my ability to express my art.

What could happen in the future, who knows, but at this point in time I see no reason be believe that Bethesda.net or the Nexus want to restrict my art.

If they ever do, I will go do something else with my time. Until then, I will keep riding the modding bandwagon and hopefully a lot of people will like my work.