The dragon types...

Goliath978

It seems to be a bit level based, but they still have random powered dragons as you level up. At lvl 48, was still finding the lower level ones from time to time. Mostly find elder dragons at that point.

It seems to be:

lvl 1-10 Dragon

lvl 11-25 Blood Dragon

lvl 25-40 Frost Dragon

lvl 40-? Elder Dragon

Very rough estimate, going off of vague memory of when things seemed to change. But you'll notice as you level up that the next tier dragon will be the more common one you run into. Just have to go wandering to get the shouts and hunt down any dragons you can. Those guys are annoying when they fly away though.

Fought a couple named dragons, would guess there will be a different named dragon for each of the burial sites in the world. Not sure if they will appear before the scripted event of the main quest line though. Try searching around the sites afterwards to hunt them down, they will likely be near them much like the regular dragons are near the dragon stones.

Blood dragons seem to have the same breath attack as frost dragons (saps health and stamina), but they can also cast rage magic on nearby creatures. When I fought a blood dragon, two sabre tooth tigers and a spriggan also ran into the village and started attacking things.

I got like 10 dragons, 3 ice dragons, 4 fire dragons, 4 blood dragons and 2 named dragons (not the named dragon from mainquest involved). But all of them had a black skin :(

but those skeleton dragon are only in main quest?

/yeah this is fishy. Why are dragons black when they aren't suppodes to be? My black dragon breathed frost...is it a bug or is Beth trolling?

Frost dragons are sort of... icey and whitey gray ish. blood dragons are gray redish. Basic dragons are gray.

I've seen a greeny one too wasn't quest related not sure which one it was.

theres a cream, red, black and skeletal all quest related too.

Not seen any black dragons out of quests though, so probably bugged mate.

lvl 1-10 Dragon

lvl 11-25 Blood Dragon

lvl 25-40 Frost Dragon

lvl 40-? Elder Dragon

I found that Elder Dragon's and Frost Dragon's started appearing around the same time. My experience would predict something like

1-10 dragon

11-30 Blood Dragon

30-45 Elder/Frost Dragon

45-? Ancient Dragon

Skeleton dragons show up during specific quests.

Edited by Trey5511