Necromancy is absolute TRASH!

Sindrie

Sorry to rant on the forums but Oh MY GOD! I am so dissapointed with necromancy in this game i finally got around to using it with a charecter and it's just depressing. I'm so sick and tired of spending half my mana on a bandit then it gets one hit by another near by bandit!!! Why oh why are zombies weaker or on even footing with other humans. you dont get a hp bonus till level 70 and you don't get the thrall till 100, the thrall is good but by time 100 skill it's like whats the point, I have to suffer through a crappy implamented playstyle for like 25 charecter levels. also it seems that from raise zombie to dread zombie there is no stat change it only allows you to raise high level thing but first you have to some how kill the high level thing with out a zombie or have one that get's one hit by a bandit thug! Did they even play test this at all the zombie ai is freaking disgusting i'v whatched my reaised necromancer walk into a table for the entire 264 seond I had raised him then he turned to ash and i was like wtf well time to beat the boss by my self even though i'm a necromancer. Man why can't we summon skeletons and why in the hell do the spells not work on dead skeletons. I was fighting the forsworn and i killed a hagraven so i raised it then got into a fight with a forsworn pillager and she(pillager) summoned a frost atronach which promptly raped the hagraven in like 4 hits even though she was hitting it(frost atronach) with like 3 fire balls, then the hag raven is dust. man it seems it was so lazily done by bethesda, ya let's have necromancy but essentially have 1 spell plus another but it's a master spell so 100 skill again yay. any one else having problems with it? i wish there mods to fix it if the summons were permanent it would atleast be useable.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO because there was like 25 summons in oblvion and like 12-15 were undead, but in skyim there is 6 and 5 of them are the same spell just higher level and more mana also I dont under stand why a bunch of things can't be raised I get it dragon=no but skeletons? though wierdly some skeletons can get raised but some cannot I also forgot to add the glitch.... Some times when you go though a load door your zombie will turn to ash but sometimes it will still be with you just invisable and still slinging lightning arround lol. enemies will still fight them atleast but you cant see them, you will see blood fly off them when there hit though.

With the creation kit ya i problably could not trying to be arrogant but ya I would give zombies damage res and make them last a bit longer AI obviously i cant do i don't realy blame them to much for bugs that comes with beth games and ill make summon draugr and skeleton spells iv done it before in oblivion I made a summon scalon.

I have to agree with you, Sindrie.

The necromancy spells in the beginning are totally useless because your minions die too quick.

Also the perks are often a bit unimaginative like "15% less mana consumption"

In Oblivion you had tons of spells (they looked mostly all the same) and you were able to create your own, in Skyrim you have just a few (given) spells but at least they are unique.

I don't know what i find better. :/

Edited by franzlkiller

yeah necromancy is a bit crap imo. the atronach branch is much more effective.

That said, in past games you could summon undead> not actually raise them. I'm not entirely clued into the lore of how that worked but thought it might have to do with all the dream sleeve business, anyway. IF those raised corpses had a higher limit on the number you could actually raise at one time, they might work as a better meat shield.,,

/\ agreed I wan't to do a conjuration overhaul with the creation kit I wan't to also add druid type summons like spriggan real wolf not ghost one, a bear and maybe a bunny for fun lol...