• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mythicdawnmaster

• Brutii

• Naktis

• Meciathe

OOC: Back from class. I'll type while completing a few assignments.

IC: Kristoph walked through the city, no guard stopped him as he did. He got back to the inn, opening the door, and shutting it behind him. He sighed, joping no one would report him to the guards. He noticed Selene and Alena talking. Hhe walked over there, and dropped the actual letter in front of Selene.

"The noble is alive, the letter is swapped, do what you want with that one," he said.

Kristoph was quite satisfied now as he took the gold. That would be enough to keep him hidden off the streets for years, preferably his life.

"You didn't even bother to notice me," Alena said. She silently said "ow" as she raised her voice, feeling that her headache was still there.

"Of course I noticed you, you're my sister," Kristoph said. Though really, he still didn't pay much attention. Sure, he was happy he had a sister, but now he has to feed her, make sure she has shelter, keep her alive, basicly it was like she was his daughter.

"Now if there's nothing else, I'll be on my way," Kristoph said.

"Of course, but if you are ever looking to earn anymore money, not that you will need any soon i imagine, come and find me in the Imperial Palace, i might just have something for you. Now i have a list of candidates for emperor to look at, and to see who is my greatest competitor. But i am confident i will win.... nothing that a little number changing cannot handle." Selene said with a wicked smirk on her beautiful face.

Kristoph never had a connection this close into the Empire. That'd be helpful, especially when he was caught in the act.

"And I suppose I have some for spying to do," Kristoph said. Tomorrow night was the apperant meeting, then the guild could get back to buisness. Hopefully.

"Wait a second.... we had to... oh right," Alena had completly forgotton about the job.

"What, you thought that we were here for a vacation?" Kristoph asked.

"Nice weather today," said Nephenee, nonchalantly.

The group had become so bored during their travel that the conversation had been reduced to talk about the weather.

"Mhm," replied Benjamin. "It could be worse, thou-"

Benjamin cut off his sentence, yelling "GET DOWN!" as he raised his shield.

A volley of arrows flew from the forest to the left of them.

Several arrows glanced off of Benjamin's new shield, and Reiko deflected several of them with a quick ward spell.

Benjamin turned to see Barrius fly off his horse as an arrow hit him in the shoulder.

Several moments later, a group of bandits charged from the forest, yelling battle cries.

"To arms!!" yelled Benjamin, as he speared a bandit with his silver lance.

Reiko cast a fire spell at a nearby bandit before cutting his head off with a clean swipe from her sword.

No matter how it looked, the bandit attack seemed like an ill informed one. Though they were outnumbered three to one, ill armed men attacking cavalry was not the brightest idea in the book.

Nephenee maneuvered her horse through the battle, covering for Barrius, who was knocked cold from the ambush.

Noticing a bandit archer trying to take a point blank shot at Barrius, she quickly pulled out the old iron dagger from her saddle and threw it at the man. He died almost instantly as it lodged itself in his throat.