Why is dual wielding so gimp?

lolzeeee

-Can't parry, no jump back/sideways dodge function

-Double power attack can only be done while standing still and has a huge stamina cost

As a result of the above, you have to sit on top of a foe and eat blows just so you can do your most powerful attack... and you are generally defenseless in close quarters...

So your most powerful attack is essentially useless on harder difficulties where taking blows is much more punishing. So the only benefit of dual wielding is the ability to have different weapon types out to alternate between differently armored foes.... and sneak attacks I suppose

How did this get past testing? Like really blatantly terrible...

Edited by lolzeeee

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're meant to use it with sneaking. Dual wield daggers and get the x15 backstab perk. If you then do the double power attack, you'll kill most things in one hit. If you get the gloves that double that up to x30, you're unstoppable and can move around areas undetected and kill everything in one attack without anyone else noticing. It's at the point now where I can roll around a village invisibly and kill everyone in the whole village in about 30 seconds without anyone noticing. But I do agree, it's not good at all if you don't do the assassin type of character, say if you're dual wielding axes and trying to be an up-front warrior.

You're meant to use it with sneaking. Dual wield daggers and get the x15 backstab perk. If you then do the double power attack, you'll kill most things in one hit. If you get the gloves that double that up to x30, you're unstoppable and can move around areas undetected and kill everything in one attack without anyone else noticing. It's at the point now where I can roll around a village invisibly and kill everyone in the whole village in about 30 seconds without anyone noticing. But I do agree, it's not good at all if you don't do the assassin type of character, say if you're dual wielding axes and trying to be an up-front warrior.

Well the problem in your logic that you're "meant" to do it while sneaking and one shot everything is that there is an attack speed perk which isn't that beneficial for sneak attacks, so there is a talent that shows Bethesda specifically had dual wielding warriors/combat rogue types in mind as well.

Edited by lolzeeee

no it's actually pretty easy, just get lots of stamina and dual flurry, I use dual ebony axes with alternate single power attacks, it's super easy to stagger even the toughest of enemies and hack them to pieces if you just smith it.

no it's actually pretty easy, just get lots of stamina and dual flurry, I use dual ebony axes with alternate single power attacks, it's super easy to stagger even the toughest of enemies and hack them to pieces if you just smith it.

Okay but in this case you are using heavy armor and have some measure defensibly, whereas if I were to do this with my light armor archer hybrid I would get destroyed by stray hits especially if fighting a group.

It's not, you're just bad. :confused:

Ah yes, the ever popular bad argument. I'm bad because fighting a Wight Lord on adept difficulty was impossible when strategising, attempting to dodge attacks then go in and hit him once while getting out as soon as the engine allows (and still getting hit by some sprint power attacks) didn't work because he outhealed my inconsistent stream of damage?

And I was playing good when I finally decided to just spam power attacks on him, take all the blows and spam potions to attempt to get through it?

So being bad is being strategic and being good is being a gamey retard?

I also disagree, my dual wield rogue is deadly- once you build A bit of stamina you can string together your power attacks well, and stagger pretty consistently- with the dual wield power attack and one handed tree upgrades ive met few enemies that can withstand more than 2 or 3 attacks. Once you get timing down well you can also strike and strafe sideways/avoid blows pretty easily, if you want to play like that (not using power attacks but making quick single strikes).

On top of that I've just enchanted my weapons with paralyze effect, which makes you even more unstoppable. While higher level enemies can resist one or 2 they're usually completely disabled by third strike.

Edited by daniel42i21

actually I was using heavy armor, but I had just stopped using light armor. Im level 30 and my heavy armor is like 38 I never used it really. If you can't stagger then idk whats wrong with you, it's just a matter of having good skills.