Why is dual wielding so gimp?

lolzeeee

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The question remains: What level are you.

Sub lv30 won't fight any serious foes with their current style yet, and for those who 'planned out' their styles, it doesn't count because you pretty much exploited the game to the best of your abilities and knew it would happen.

People who plays it their first time and intends to take their time mastering elements they are interested in, are getting discouraged because the style they want to play it in, doesn't work and are forced to, 'as you say' use sneak, archery, and other methods to get by it.

Edited by dra6o0n

I also disagree, my dual wield rogue is deadly- once you build A bit of stamina you can string together your power attacks well, and stagger pretty consistently- with the dual wield power attack and one handed tree upgrades ive met few enemies that can withstand more than 2 or 3 attacks. Once you get timing down well you can also strike and strafe sideways/avoid blows pretty easily, if you want to play like that (not using power attacks but making quick single strikes).

On top of that I've just enchanted my weapons with paralyze effect, which makes you even more unstoppable. While higher level enemies can resist one or 2 they're usually completely disabled by third strike.

Spamming power attacks and eating anything that comes at you (and if you're fighting several foes things WILL come at you) is more berserkey than roguey. My point remains that your most powerful attack is USELESS. Even if you connect the double power attack the foe will often be pushed back out of range after the first or second strike.

You should not have to sacrifice a huge level of defensibility for a mere attack speed bonus.

1h + shield = defensibility from block

2h = huge damage bonus and defensibility from parry

dual wield = attack speed bonus and no defensibility plus a useless signature move... cool that doesn't sound gimp at all!

Edited by lolzeeee

You have to master the stagger attacks, standard single power attacks don't seem to do much though. The best that seems to work for me is to tap right-click then hold then tap left-click - your character will stab instead of swing. It's a little tricky, but once staggered only takes about 2-3 power attacks to wipe out majority of foes... if even that

The question remains: What level are you.

Sub lv30 won't fight any serious foes with their current style yet, and for those who 'planned out' their styles, it doesn't count because you pretty much exploited the game to the best of your abilities and knew it would happen.

People who plays it their first time and intends to take their time mastering elements they are interested in, are getting discouraged because the style they want to play it in, doesn't work and are forced to, 'as you say' use sneak, archery, and other methods to get by it.

I'm currently level 19. I really have no trouble with most foes except boss fights with 2 handers tend to be a little rough as it can be very hard to avoid their sprint attacks.

But the thing is that, while I have no trouble with most foes, it is unsatisfying play because I am forced to eat attacks constantly to be effective at all.

my dark elf is level 45 playing on adept difficulty. I have maxed smithing and enchanting. I have two daedric swords that do about 130 damage with 30 points of frost and 30 points of fire damage i think accumulative damage is something like 250-290 but i forget the exact number. with all my armor combined i get plus 120 hp and 80% faster stamina regen. anything that isnt insta killed is truly a foe to be wreckoned with. and i do not sneak. I walk in making as much noise as possible, for they know doom is coming.

Duel weilding is awesome, i was using a shield for a very long time and i loved it. But eventually decided the defense and stun abilities was not worth it compared to instakilling EVERYTHING...sept some bosses...but they are supposed to be hard...they still fall...just not instantly.

This is my first character, i did not try to max anything out dps wise for i dont care about that, i went through a natural evolution of skills to see what i liked. Im now starting a badass nord who uses only 2handed, cause 2handed seems like the weakest weapon style to me anyway, so i wanted to try it out.

It's not, you're just bad. :confused:

Ah yes, the ever popular bad argument. I'm bad because fighting a Wight Lord on adept difficulty was impossible when strategising, attempting to dodge attacks then go in and hit him once while getting out as soon as the engine allows (and still getting hit by some sprint power attacks) didn't work because he outhealed my inconsistent stream of damage?

And I was playing good when I finally decided to just spam power attacks on him, take all the blows and spam potions to attempt to get through it?

So being bad is being strategic and being good is being a gamey retard?

easy on master for me, and i also dual wield btw, get use to it and learn, don't stand and be a meat shield, huge stamina cost? get perks to lower the cost

@butteslol i was gonna type that but you beat me to it lol xD

Edited by PsYchotic666Joker

I can plow through mobs quite easily dual wielding. I have one point in flurry and one in the base one-hand perk constellation. I use ancient fine nordic axe and ancient nordic sword. The only thing I havent been able to tear up is the vampire master in the shrieking cavern or whatever its called.

It's not, you're just bad. :confused:

Ah yes, the ever popular bad argument. I'm bad because fighting a Wight Lord on adept difficulty was impossible when strategising, attempting to dodge attacks then go in and hit him once while getting out as soon as the engine allows (and still getting hit by some sprint power attacks) didn't work because he outhealed my inconsistent stream of damage?

And I was playing good when I finally decided to just spam power attacks on him, take all the blows and spam potions to attempt to get through it?

So being bad is being strategic and being good is being a gamey retard?

easy on master for me, and i also dual wield btw, get use to it and learn, don't stand and be a meat shield, huge stamina cost? get perks to lower the cost

@butteslol i was gonna type that but you beat me to it lol xD

You are lying or you're talking about a different wight lord. This is the wight lord in the moonstone mine. I didn't "stand and be a meat shield" I dodged 95% of his attacks throughout the 30 (that's right, 30!) MINUTE fight before I finally got killed by a stray firebolt (did I mention a pillar was spamming firebolts at me?). Every time I got him down to 60% he healed right back up to 80% (another pillar) and due me getting used to it and learning (which I had done) and not being a meat shield (I wasn't) I wasn't able to attack any more frequently than that.

If I were to have a parry I could have done the fight much easier as if you have on demand defensibility you can hang around and dish out more damage.