The Dragonborn Legacy

Galacticat42

@KOFFEYKID

Although I myself wanted something similar to what you mentioned, lore dictates no. As only one person in the history of lore has ever turned into a dragon - which was a huge undertaking that the player would be incapable of doing - means that the player can only morph into a dragon like one can morph into a werewolf. As Tosh Raka was the only one that turned into a full dragon after a lifetime of attempts, I doubt that becoming a dragon would be plausible for the player other than temporary transformations using a mix of the dragon's thu'um and the power of Hircine.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

So what is the Stauts on the project now that the CK is out? Neeeeeeeed an update ;) I know a lot of people that are eagerly following that project, give us ome news ;)

Alright, got an update for yall - the skill tree that will be released in chapter 2. The specialization tree. Although the perks still have to be filled out, this is only the outline and basis of the skill tree.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2647636/Spec%20Tree1.jpg

Any new regardig those skilltrees?

@KOFFEYKID

Although I myself wanted something similar to what you mentioned, lore dictates no. As only one person in the history of lore has ever turned into a dragon - which was a huge undertaking that the player would be incapable of doing - means that the player can only morph into a dragon like one can morph into a werewolf. As Tosh Raka was the only one that turned into a full dragon after a lifetime of attempts, I doubt that becoming a dragon would be plausible for the player other than temporary transformations using a mix of the dragon's thu'um and the power of Hircine.

Note also however the vagueness of the lore on this account. And that your temporary transformation as is is almost as unlikely. There's just not enough lore to disprove or prove both possibilities. The possibility could be very well real but nobody has used thier abilities to attempt it. Or it could be the opposite, where it is completely impossible for a Dragoonborn to do so. Most likely however a 'Dragonborn' would have a greater likelihood to be able to do a physical change.

Of course I could be completely wrong. I'm not strong on Elder Scrolls lore and I mainly looked up material. There's nothing really supporting or disproving either except for the rarity of such an event happening.

My two cents

Indeed Crocutrax. I'm just playing off the fact that Hircine is the demigod of transformation and true dragon ascension is excessively rare. In light of this I take the middle ground and play it safe.

As far as development goes, the entire team hasn't reported to me since late December with the exception of Neo Hikato and Hippeus. So I'll be making way for new members and dropping all those who haven't reported by the end of February. Despite this AWOL phenomenon, I'm currently on the CK setting up one of the many hidden entries into the main dungeon of Chapter 1.

While from what I've can gather the lore is nebulous enough, playing it safe is usually a wise choice if you want to keep something lore-friendly. So I will debate no further about it.

I hope that more of your team do eventually report. It would be a shame for this project to flounder because of lack of a team.

Edited by Crocutrax

Well, I've came up with one lore friendly possibility with the dragon transformation. There has been a few known instances, well, one that I know. Martin Septim was able to become a dragon for only a minute before becoming petrified. So, is the transformation into a dragon possible? Yes, but it takes a tremendous amount of energy to stabilize the form, energy that normal mortals without the Thu'um can't do. Martin was only able to do it through the Amulet of Kings, and even he didn't have said amount of energy that say, a dragon, would have. Yes, he is a dragonborn, but since dragons aren't around during the Third Age, there is no way to harness dragon souls, which would increase the energy of a dragonborn enough to maintain such ability. Now, with dragons returning to the world, there is more of a chance for the dragonborn to maintain the ability.

Its lore friendly in a way of building around the current lore. And even so, I am playing off the fact that there may be lost lore that will be revealed by the dragons, especially during Path of the Dovah. Its much like modern times, where all we know about the past comes from what we find.

I hope everyone is up for good news. The Creation Kit is out finally. (Maybe that news is to late but still to inform everyone.) I tried out the creation kit by creating a small dungeon and it rocks. I still need improvement in it but the good news that the Mod leveling and quests will be faster now.