The Dragonborn Legacy

Galacticat42

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strangely enough, I do not have the game itself yet. More interested in creative contribution than in playing at the moment. I did play both Morrowind and Oblivion to completion several times, + the total conversion for Oblivion, Nehirm: At Fate's Edge. I have also played a number of other computer role playing games with dedication in the past, so I know what this niche is about. :)

I also did a couple Oblivion mods for my own personal use, nothing fancy, but enough to give me an understanding of what modding these games entails from a technical perspective. Also tinkered around a little with modifications for Dragon Age: Origins, again just simple stuff to enhance my own experience.

I am pretty much familiar with what Skyrim is about though, its ambient and storyline, courtesy of watching a number of video walkthroughs and other fan made materials.

My main interest lies with the voice acting (also could help with creative writing), so I'd think that considering my previous RPG experience, it's not really a requirement for me to have the game in order to be of use. Demo tape in my sig.

Edited by TheCommonerPrince

Alright, the reason I was curious if you had is that I was thinking you could do Renjad and Lingar - the two Fallen Greybeards that the mod is centered around. However it'd require knowledge of what Arngeir sounds like as the other two would sound similar, but have different 'flavors'.

I admit that the voices you did, Commoner, are really nice. While I was listening through your 'roles', I was trying to find something suited for the characters that would be featured in the Path of the Dovah story. Dwiinfenaak needs a good voice actor for one, and I thought you would do good for him as well as for other human characters. Of course, for Dwiinfenaak, he would need a a growl in his voice as he is a dragon,and like Budz42 said, you will require knowledge of what he sounds like. Best bet for this is to listen to the voices of Paarthurnax and Odaviing, as Dwiinfenaaks voice would be on a similar area.

Alright, the reason I was curious if you had is that I was thinking you could do Renjad and Lingar - the two Fallen Greybeards that the mod is centered around. However it'd require knowledge of what Arngeir sounds like as the other two would sound similar, but have different 'flavors'.

Most kind of you! I have looked up a vid which features Arngeir. It appears his voice is Gandalf-esque, in a manner of speaking. :P

To be honest I'm not sure I can actually sound that old convincingly, not for a human character of that nature. What I could do however, is record a few lines in several variants of my "old man" voices, and then you can judge whether it would work out for the characters you have in mind, or not. I will also treat the samples as appropiate to enhance the effect you are seeking.

I admit that the voices you did, Commoner, are really nice. While I was listening through your 'roles', I was trying to find something suited for the characters that would be featured in the Path of the Dovah story. Dwiinfenaak needs a good voice actor for one, and I thought you would do good for him as well as for other human characters. Of course, for Dwiinfenaak, he would need a a growl in his voice as he is a dragon,and like Budz42 said, you will require knowledge of what he sounds like. Best bet for this is to listen to the voices of Paarthurnax and Odaviing, as Dwiinfenaaks voice would be on a similar area.

Thanks very much for the feedback, much appreciated!

I've looked up this Paarthurnax character. I believe I could likely manage a good base voice featuring that growl/raspiness. Think in terms of something between my Alien commander variant and the Human Squad Leader variant but with a rather slower, more patient sounding style. I also have the sufficient skill in sound production/editing to treat the sample afterward, in the interest of bringing it even closer to what you are looking for. Maybe make it deeper, adjust the tempo or what not.

I admit, voicing a Dragon would be a very interesting experience. :P

Edited by TheCommonerPrince

Interested in helping write/edit the music score (I don't have the software or equipment required to record tracks but I can certainly help writing), as well as writing script/dialogue. I can do very low-level concept art but I wouldn't put me down as a concept artist since a majority of my drawings are simply just no-frills general-idea deals.

Anyway, real excited about the mod. Hope I can be a part of it.

Interested in helping write/edit the music score (I don't have the software or equipment required to record tracks but I can certainly help writing), as well as writing script/dialogue. I can do very low-level concept art but I wouldn't put me down as a concept artist since a majority of my drawings are simply just no-frills general-idea deals.

Anyway, real excited about the mod. Hope I can be a part of it.

A composer, how wonderful! Hope these guys approve you (and me, lol) :P

Well, you got high chances of getting in you two. I was...originally going to find epic music on the internet for the mod, but if we have a composer AND if we have someone who can make the music, we got a higher rate of making our own music to better suit the setting. Also for you, Commoner, I am looking forward to seeing what you can bring in for our characters. We already got some skilled voice actors, including a female one, though what we needed the most was someone who can do that nord-like and old voice, including me trying to find a voice for Dwiinfenaak. If this works out well, this mod will be the best around having good quality and whatnot.

Also, Commoner, I want to be able to send you my scripts, since you will be greatly involved in them should you take up the mantel as Dwiinfenaak. The same would go for the others that Budz42 has for you, but I want to think ahead. Same goes for you pimping, as I might need another script writer for Path of the Dovah. Can't do it all myself you know.