Oblivion crashes second I load it.

scyris99

So I got oblivion and well the game crashes on startup whether I have mods enabled or not, here are my pc specs.

i5-2310 @stock clock

8 gb Ram

Geforce 240Gt 1gb gddr5

Windows 7 home premium 64-bit.

Any Help be apprecated because I have no clue what the issue is, Skyrim and most other games run flawlessly. I can't even get to the intro video.

Also my driect-x is fully updated, So its not that, and so are my vid card drivers, I am also the admin for my pc so not sure if thats an issue or not.

I'm having that same problem today. It was working last night, but not today. But even on a clean install, with everything uninstalled/deleted ahead of time and just trying to run vanilla Oblivion it crashes (very rarely it will show 3 letters of Bethesda before crashing).

*Update*

I followed the steps in the post here:

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/464705-crashing-on-new-game/page__view__findpost__p__3826698

I found and renamed the .ini file and that seemed to fix the issue. I'd try that.

Edited by Lunytic

I'm having that same problem today. It was working last night, but not today. But even on a clean install, with everything uninstalled/deleted ahead of time and just trying to run vanilla Oblivion it crashes (very rarely it will show 3 letters of Bethesda before crashing).

*Update*

I followed the steps in the post here:

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/464705-crashing-on-new-game/page__view__findpost__p__3826698

I found and renamed the .ini file and that seemed to fix the issue. I'd try that.

I just delete my oblivion.ini and it made a new one now it works fine.

@ scyris99 ... Have you ever been able to run the game (in other words is it crashing on startup after you first installed it or did it used to run OK and now it's crashing on startup)? More details in either case would help. Is it the Game of the Year disk edition or download edition (and if so is it from Steam, Direct2Drive or Impulse)? When you installed the game did you install to the default C:\Program Files (x86) or did you change the install directory to something like C:\Games\Oblivion? At what point of the game startup does it crash?

- Edit - You posted while I was head down picking away with two fingers ... glad you're working now.

Edited by Striker879