Armor Tec: Hair or no hair where or what is the trigger?

Arkune

I've replaced the mesh of the Dragonscale Armor for females with the mesh of the Thieves Guild Armor for females.

Works fine so far.

Now the helmet of the Dragonscale Armor does not remove the hair of the character while the hod of the Thieves Armor does so.

Thing is with the replaced mesh the hair of the character is still displayed and clips thru the hod.

I guess that means that the mesh does not decide whether hair is displayed or hidden so what triggers this behavior?

I want to remove the display of hair while wearing the Dragonscale Helmet, which mesh is swapped with the Thieves Guild Hod.

See picture:

http://s1.directupload.net/images/111119/temp/mfkmce4g.jpg

My game is unmodded as of yet, but just wanted to throw in my 2 cents on this since I just noticed that when I wear my Dragonplate Helmet my hair pokes through(in the front) but the ponytail doesn't. This is the first helmet I've seen that this happen on. This leads me to believe that there are two hair/head slots(or something equivalent) and the helms use the slot that the ponytails do. This could open up a slew of possibilities, or cause problems, for replacing or adding new hair and/or helmet meshes. Of course this is all speculation on my part right now and I prolly wont tinker with the game till after my initial run through, but it seems logical in my mind. ;)

My game is unmodded as of yet, but just wanted to throw in my 2 cents on this since I just noticed that when I wear my Dragonplate Helmet my hair pokes through(in the front) but the ponytail doesn't. This is the first helmet I've seen that this happen on. This leads me to believe that there are two hair/head slots(or something equivalent) and the helms use the slot that the ponytails do. This could open up a slew of possibilities, or cause problems, for replacing or adding new hair and/or helmet meshes. Of course this is all speculation on my part right now and I prolly wont tinker with the game till after my initial run through, but it seems logical in my mind. ;)

there are 2 hair meshes for each style. A bit like Fallout.. but slightly different. A normal and hair trim version. In F3 they were called 'hat' and 'nohat', and were not separate nif files, but in skyrim the trim and regular versions are. what happens in fallout is that when your character wears a helmet, the regular nohat version of the hair is replaced with the hat version. The hat version is just a cut down version of the rugular one, moslty a tightly fitted mesh so as to avoid clipping, but so the character didn't end up bald when just wearing a cowboy hat.

The hairstyles weren't even very long in fallout. These trim versions in skyrim often have a some back hair hanging down by the looks of it..

That said there maybe other head slots.... like fallout had about 10 of them. eyeglasses, mouth piece, earring, hair, head, mask, headband... etc

Edited by Ghogiel