Did you kill Paarthurnax?

Pineapplerum

I'm torn. Because he himself admits that dragons are hard wired to want to take over and are naturally evil. Even one of the quotes while the game loads is something to that effect. I can't remember it's exact wording, though.

But I really don't want to lose the Greybeards as friends. Just to see what would happen, I killed him and went back to the Greybeards and the main guy, I forget his name, I'm not good with names...he actually started yelling at me and wouldn't even look at me, told me to get out. Me cries!!!! :(

And when I spoke with the Blades woman, she was like "oh, I knew you wouldn't let us down" and then I find out...there are only two people left in the Blades....what? Well, I decided I didn't want her to push me around so I reloaded a saved game before killing him.

Plus, staying friends with the Greybeards gives you quests where to find new shouts. Keep going back to the main Greybeard guy, his name starts with A..and ask him about a new power word and he'll give you a quest to go find a new one. Aces! That works for me.

As a member of the Dark Brotherhood, I'm not at all judgmental of other people's "evil" tendencies. That being said, is there any way to "complete" the quest without killing him? Like lying about killing Cicero during the DB quest?

Wait, you didn't kill Cicero? How could anyone not kill that crazy Jester, hell, i even tried to kill him once when i met him randomly on a road, i even did the DB quest line and still killed him, but then again, he had it coming.

You should read his journals, then you will see. You will also see that he was right further down the line :-) you can even talk to lucien(or how it is spelled) about it

I didn't want to kill that dragon either, he is just too cool and has been far more useful than the blades. Even though i feel a connection to the blades because of oblivion, i didn't want to help them. In fact i tried killing the after they made the request (storm call ;-)) but og course they were marked as non killable npc

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, Paarthurnax is my mentor, and nobody messes with mah mentor!

when they told me, I went pirates of the carribbean style ''Twice this day I find my self in utter bewilderment'' and they learned how to fly, atleast, I hope they did, that probably made a nasty crunching noise... *slow nodding*

Edited by darkprecurser

Why shoud i kill my favorite character in Skyrim?

In other Games or Books, my favorite Character usually dies (seriously, they even killed my favorite dark brotherhood character but they let this annoying guy, that gives you those jobs alive, ... ) so iam never ever going to kill him >.<.

And because he got probaly the best voice acting in the german version.

Oh, and i vote for a patch that removes the essential character tag from those blades after they arent useful anymore. No one needs the Blades anymore anyways.

Edited by Cyrotek

Oh, and i vote for a patch that removes the essential character tag from those blades after they arent useful anymore. No one needs the Blades anymore anyways.

Just type in your console

setessential 00013478 0

setessential 00013358 0

Enjoy :thumbsup:

Nah, i like it more the legit way, even if i have to wait ... for mods ... not that this woud be legit, but at least it feels somehow like it is!

Is there a way to reset the quest? I killed him a while ago, and it seems some of the better mods will be using him as a key element and I would like some way to bringing him back, or at least making it so the Greybeards no longer hate me. I can simply reset the quest, but that doesn't seem to do anything (according to other posts I've read), so is there a way for me to bring him back, without going nearly 50 hours back in saves?

With a mighty shout, the Dragonborn used the mighty Immortaljerkrend thu'um "setessential 00013478 0! setessential 00013358 0!" and thus did the last remaining Blades die without fanfare.

What makes their "kill the most interesting, helpful, and memorable character in the game, or go sit on your sword hilt first" attitude so egregious is that if ANYONE should have the Dragonborn's back, you think it'd be the Blades. After all, they're sworn to protect the DRAGONBORN emperors. And they're telling me that with the Thalmor and hostile dragons around that Partanaax is the top priority? Yeah, they deserve to die out.

Well, there is a mod in the works to rectify this, and it's turning out to be quite good. while I still killed him, I have since reset the quest and spawned a new version of Paarthurnax since his skeleton vanished, he doesn't really land any more though...that's a bug I might have to fix myself...though I don't want to...

I just wish there were more options to make people see that even though I am an High Elf wizzard, I do not wish ill on the world, iwant to be a good guy like my Oblivion dude. (who DID NOT become Sheogorath, I refuse to accept that idea as "canon". Refuse, refuse, refuse.)

I felt the same way others did. The Blades really have some nerve, last time i checked, they had zero authority to tell you anything. They have but one duty, to serve you. Its kinda like Astrid in the DB deciding on her own whats the role of the DB order. There seems to be a lot of traditions ending in this game. No way I'd kill Paarthurnax. The thing is, why didnt we get the option to remind those two of their place, remind Ulfric that you will end him, same with Tullius, and tell them not only is Paar gunna live but they might find their ability to live cut short if they push it. Focus on the Thalmor not each other.

At that peace treaty meeting it also seems weird that i could not enforce my will upon them. Like listen, both sides STFU, here is how its gunna be, we are gunna kill this Alduin and focus on ridding ourselves of the Thalmor...if you have a problem with it, feel free to take a shot at the title and when i shout you across the mountains you can figure out what went wrong with your choice.. You should be able to command the Blades AND in the end, a marriage to the Kings widow if ya like (or figure out how to put Falk on the throne, as he seems very capable). You taking the thrown should have been on the table. Even as a diplomatic solution. Because, lets face it a DLC of a war with the Thalmor trying to invade would be awesome. The Thalmor have magic and large numbers. We have dragons. and a battle ready army of both nords and Imperials. not to mention, YOU, the Dragonborn, which, i'd imagine would unite and inspire many to stand with you. Loads of them. Seems reasonable that the Thalmor would think twice about invasion.

To me, Paarthurmax seems like one of the most rational and well thought out thinkers in the game. He not only is worth saving, he is likely the ONLY character who will give you sensible advice and guidance.