Beth messed up our elves!

Lehcar

Lack of chargen options is the price we pay for having generally far, FAR better looking character models.

People can cry about it being a missing feature or Bethesda "messing up our elves" all they want, but they can't do absolutely everything, and I know I'd rather have limited chargen options over the terrible mess that was Oblivion faces.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't really quoting you, sort of, but since you agreed with someone who IS saying that bethesda is WRONG, in caps and all, well that's just how it goes innit.

So it's OK to have a go at pavy because they appeared to be daring to agree with me? That's just beyond belief. Sounds somewhat like bullying.

And then you go on and agree that the chargen is limited, well I am glad that at least you admit that.

Sounds somewhat like bullying but it's not, but off course you just want to make the association to what character assassinate me? And of course that is about the sum of your post.

And yeah I think the chargen isn't very good. Problem?

This is what is going to happen to Skyrim and people should get ready for it.

NUDE MODS

BIKINI ARMOR

ANIME

ETC...

There is no stopping it. Eventually the Skyrim Skank factor will be done away with, one way or another. The reactions of the 'we love butt-ugly elves' faction in this thread already played themselves out when New Vegas was released and people tried to cram 'Wasteland Nasty' down everyone's throat. It didn't work then and it's not going to work now.

I WANT THE OPTION of pretty girls in my game and I KNOW I'm not the only one. I bought the damn game and I'm going to mod the HELL out of it now that I see the reactions of a vocal few in this thread.

Bikini clad anime elf girls are coming, and there's no stopping it. I guess the people who don't like that can just yell at their monitors in frustration that no one is listening to them.

first thing I do when looking for oblivion mods now is block tags like anime, sexy, nude, boobs, pretty, etc. so mod to your heart's content, doesn't bother anyone. As long as no one is trying to push Bethesda to include crap like that in future games no problems.

but off course you just want to make the association to what character assassinate me?

A saying about pot calling the kettle black springs to mind...

And SURE it's fun seeing the download figures for the nude, beautification and skimpy armor mods rocket whilst imagining the howling from the serious (or even a little pontifical) lore friendly mob...and laughing my socks off. It is, after all, a fantasy game, and everyone's idea of fantasy is different.

What always amuses me is that those who sneer about anime and manga seem to know a lot more about it than I do. Presumably they read rather a lot of it whilst researching their subject.

So, from what I understand, people are not upset that the elves look different from humans, but because they can't adjust them enough to satisfy their own personal aesthetic tastes?

... Working as intended. To go back to my real-life race example -- you can change the hair all you want, you can throw makeup on them, you can do whatever, but nothing's going to stop a white guy from having white guy facial features, nothing's going to stop an asian girl from looking asian, etc., NOT WITHOUT ARTIFICIALLY MODIFYING THEM (mods).

Can't get the elves to fit within your realm of looking good? Then you might as well ask for Bethesda to have an option to remove fur from Khajiit, or scales from Argonians. The inhuman eyes and the face shapes, I can not emphasize enough, ARE NOT AND NEVER WILL LOOK HUMAN (with the exception of abortive travesties like Oblivion's models or mods) BECAUSE THEY ARE DEFINING FEATURES OF THE INHUMAN RACES OF "MER", and I wouldn't have it any other way. Does this mean you can't get it to fit within your ideal of beauty? Then I guess tough s***. Saying Bethesda should change the race to, I don't even know what... have smaller/more 'human' eyes, reduce the brow ridge, etc.? Or having sliders to that effect? That's bulls***. If those stand between you making an attractive character, good on them, I say. That just means that they did a bang-up job of making a race that, for SOME PEOPLE, will never look 'human enough' -- and, as I said all those posts ago, this is exactly the point. You are 'racist' insofar as you don't like the made-up race of the Mer. Before you start with the "HURR PERSONAL ATTACK XENOPHOBE DURR", I'm racist too because I don't like the looks of Klingons on Star Trek. There's nothing wrong with disliking the looks of a fantasy race and, indeed, that means the creators made it exactly the way it should be.

Edited by angrytigerp