The ads

fienyx

I don't know about anyone else, but for me the ads on the mods site are getting a bit out of hand. I report the ads when things happen, but it seems the more I report, the worse they get. First, just auto playing audio. A small annoyance when I have YouTube playing a music list on another tab. Then, the ad at the bottom of the page would actually take control, keeping the page locked at the bottom, forcing to watch the ad or report. If it was watched, the process started over in 10 sec or so. Obviously, I reported those. Now, I'm getting page hijackers (and NexuxMods is the only site it happens on) and ads that cover top 2 input boxes next to the search list. I reported that and added this........

And who's responsible for the page hijacker on this site? Sick of getting fake messages saying firefox needs an update, then stealing the page, forcing it to some very suspiciously named site (never the same 2 times in a row) and pops up a download dialogue box. Glad I'm a computer tech and know that's something you really don't want on your computer, because firefox gives proper notification at startup, and does not steal the page you are viewing. The ads in general are getting very nauseating in the persistence. The hijacker is just going too far, and this is quickly becoming a site I feel the need to avoid.

Dude report the ads as you find them. Robbin Scott the owner knows about this issue and is trying to fix it but he doesnt decide what the ad providers use in the ads.

Also you should bring this matter up in the feedback thread not the off topic lounge.

Truth. Also, unless I'm mistaken, you only have to become a premium member for a month to get that perk. You don't have to renew and the ads stay gone? IDK I might be making things up.