Adding/Replacing Animations

mrgahdoh

Must be using the havok content tools :unsure:

edit: yeah the page does some weird... but this is the vid

Ah ya that link works.

Actually, the current animation mods don't provide custom anims. They are simply renaming the 1h anims and over-writing the the 2h anim ones. So that when the game calls the 2h animation to play, it uses the 1h animation (hopefully that makes sense).

Edited by mrgahdoh

The character model.. or at least I think that is what it is... won't open in the preview tool. The animations load too...

Bump, this guy's made it already? But how???

Have I offended/annoyed you for using three question marks? This video is very well indeed is related to the discussion, as it shows that some guy has made it possible. And yeah the quoting of that other guy was accidently, I was unfamiliar with the forum.

Calubri, the youtube link doesn't seem to work properly is what I meant. It's showing up as a video I watched on youtube a few hours ago actually... Ghogiel linked it though, so I see what you were talking about.

I just copy-paste- yes I copy-pasted the link, BUT. I know I never played onehander, but seriously, he's just replacing the 2h animations with one-handed ones? I pretty much thought these were custom ones. Is this really so? For a second there I "had hope".

Edited by calubri

Calubri, the youtube link doesn't seem to work properly is what I meant. It's showing up as a video I watched on youtube a few hours ago actually... Ghogiel linked it though, so I see what you were talking about.

I just copy-paste- yes I copy-pasted the link, BUT. I know I never played onehander, but seriously, he's just replacing the 2h animations with one-handed ones? I pretty much thought these were custom ones. Is this really so? For a second there I "had hope".

Ya, they are not custom. He's just over-writing the 2h animations with the 1h animations for certain swings. There is another mod that replaces the idle for dual wield as well, which prevents the jerkiness when looking around (since the game blends between the arms down in the rotation anim and the arms up in the idle animation; which was a HUGE oversight by Bethesda)

Hm, Well I'm trying to open .HKX files with the Havok Tools Framework program, but for every file I exported from the .BSA I get an error saying "wrong platform for packfile." :confused: Looks like there was a plugin for Maya though, so going to investigate that.

edit: the maya plugin is only an export plugin. so still no way to open these files. arg :dry:

Edited by mrgahdoh