Adding/Replacing Animations

mrgahdoh

I got the female skeleton to load and a locomotion animation to load in the preview tool.... I can get a few frames to play buy I get an exception error....

But the havok install is bugged since I reinstalled windows a couple weeks back, I get some failed instalations parts that I ignored, been trying different versions of the app, so it's probably just me.

But what all this means is that it IS possible probably right NOW to make custom animations, the thing would be making a rig that has all the same bone transfroms as the vanilla one.. only thing I can think of is to wait for the nif importers, OR open the skeleton nif and tediously copy pasta the bone transforms from nifskope to get a skeleton in your scene....

I got the female skeleton to load and a locomotion animation to load in the preview tool.... I can get a few frames to play buy I get an exception error....

But the havok install is bugged since I reinstalled windows a couple weeks back, I get some failed instalations parts that I ignored, been trying different versions of the app, so it's probably just me.

But what all this means is that it IS possible probably right NOW to make custom animations, the thing would be making a rig that has all the same bone transfroms as the vanilla one.. only thing I can think of is to wait for the nif importers, OR open the skeleton nif and tediously copy pasta the bone transforms from nifskope to get a skeleton in your scene....

Possibly, since you can definitely export .hkx files from Maya/XSI/3dsmax right now with the plugins. I'm following up a new lead as well. I opened the .hkx file in as a text file and found that it was created with HAVOC 2010 2.0. I had the latest version (2011), which is likely the reason they aren't compatible. I'm downloading this older version of Havoc to see if it works. I'm really hoping there's a way to export out a skeleton from these Havoc files but, it's looking like a slim chance at this point.

Although... there is a Save AS option in the Havok Tools Framework app. So we'll see.

Edited by mrgahdoh

Ah.. I had been using one of those 2010 releases anyway. Hadn't updated in a while, have to check this out..

My behaviour tool is old too... probably why it won't load in that..

Well, with 2010 release I was able to open the female skeleton. But there is no way to export it and the Maya plugin is only an exporter. So looks like this is a dead end, and we'll have to get the skeleton out of the .nif file. Doh... However, You'll need the plugin to export as a .hkx once you're done. So it's one piece of the puzzle at least.

Edited by mrgahdoh

You might end up building all the bones from scratch anyway, the only thing that makes it easier is you can just align the ones you make to the ones that import, at least in max, unless you do a quick export and import in fbx or one type of skeleton file, the bones that come in from nifs have zero thickness, and don't act correctly as bones, like fins and all the parameters, and if you do try to get some size back in they don't all end up right. Doesn't take too long to get a rig up together anyway, and I would rather have it properly done instead of that crap in my scene...

but yeah basically

Go team :biggrin: