News on skyim creation kit.

boomnuke35

I'm just hoping that that the reason they haven't released it yet isn't because they have some deal with Microsoft to wait, because the creation kit is what makes pc triumph over console.

I love the whole distrust thing with PC and console users. You guys have like a little cold war-esque thing going on. There is not any deal with microsoft that junk is started by people who still live in their parents basement who check the skies outside of their houses regularly for black helicopters. I don't know of any company besides maybe the CIA that does business like that, (CIA was thrown in there as a joke.) Please people be rational I know its hard for me sometimes too.

Don't be naive.

There are publishing deals with M$. Some of which is public. Most is behind NDAs and private contracts. For example the other week smith&tinker said that M$ basically f***ed them getting any publisher interested in their game because they were blocking a PS3 release.. http://www.shacknews.com/tag/smith-tinker

And yes exclusivity is the game they play. It's like one of the major pieces in the console war. PC actually gets it worst off. They are usually the last to get any specific development attention, bar a few developers who still take PC gaming as serious business.

Edited by Ghogiel

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's NOT being released this week?

Bethesda really dropped the ball with this one. People are going to lose interest before the thing even comes out.

not really any chance of that happening.

people are still actively modding morrowind.

Bloody January! Typical Bethesda; first it's "Probably packaged with the game", then it's "Sometime right after release day", then it's "In about a week or two", and then it's "About a week after Thanks Giving".

Now it's January! :wallbash:

I'm not holding my breath, at this rate we'll be lucky to get the Creation Kit by July. I was foolish to ever believe Bethesda could keep their schedule. :dry:

:armscrossed:

Seriously, if they were smart, they'd work entirely on releasing the Creation Kit as soon as they can. Then they'd NEVER have to worry about fixing the PC version of the game EVER again! We all know that the Mod Community can fix bugs in the game hundreds of times faster than Bethesda can.

I really should have foreseen this...