Skyrim patch downloading right NOW (pc)

SHO3LACE

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to other sources only the exe was replaced. It is in order to prevent the game from running without steam. There is no change in version number nor in game functionality. The game's version number has not changed.

I find it ironic that they give Steam a patch before they give the game it'self a patch. There will be more no-steam mods to come, fear not.

If you let the new patch install and then make the resulting new exe large address aware, whether with CFF Explorer or any other method, the game will not run EITHER through Steam or direct from the exe.

If you just let the new patch install and then run the game through Steam, it reverts to crashing a lot.

Nice job, Beth.

so the LAA-disable and all that other stuff getting broken was a mistake?

Obviously anything related to games executable is broken and will not work anymore. So yeah, no 4gb memory anymore or anything else for that matter. And you can't really do that by a mistake.

Still wonder why I can't run the game at all tho.

i found this on gamefaqs

UPDATE 1.1 NOTES

BUG FIXES

General optimizations related to stability and performance.

Essential followers recover properly if player fast travels away.

Fixed rare instances of dragons flying improperly though objects after player exits an interior.

Fixed rare instance where the a music track would not stop playing properly.

Autosave message properly displays when going through a load door.

The fifth level of the Light Fingers perk correctly calculates the Pickpocket skill bonus.

Enchanting an item to improve the Sneak skill properly calculates the bonus to the player's Sneak skill.

Enchanting an item to improve the Lockpick skill properly calculates the bonus to the player's Lockpick skill.

Corpus Enchanter perk properly calculates bonuses to stats for the player’s new enchantments.

QUEST FIXES

Fixed rare issue where a character would not arrive properly to the Thalmor Embassy during Diplomatic Immunity.

Rescue/Attack on Fort Neugrad will trigger properly if player travels to Fort Neugrad by foot.

In To Kill an Empire, Gianna will now talk to player with certain diseases.

Fixed rare instance of Civil War battle not starting properly if player receives a Companions quest from Farkas.

During Brelyna's Practice, fixed rare issue where the player could be permanently invisible.

Triggering combat in Largashbur no longer stops progression to The Cursed Tribe.

Fixed rare instance where fighting a Civil War battle during The Fallen would prevent the Jarl of Whiterun from accepting their axe in Message to Whiterun.

In The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller, fixed rare instance where Arngeir would not teach player the last word of Unrelenting Force.

In Taking Care of Business, fixed issue where Brynjolf would not give player this quest if Talen Jei was dead.

Here is what worked for me. I'm on Win 7 Ultimate if it matters.

Go offline with Steam. Then right click the Skyrim launcher icon on the desktop. Choose "RESTORE PREVIOUS VERSIONS"

Should see your backups, choose the one dated prior to todays.

Game ran with fine that way.