Skyrim patch downloading right NOW (pc)

SHO3LACE

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@elvinkun & @Thepal

Skyrim is now pretty much the same as NV. We already got a statement of the developers of the script extender that it works the same way. Also the FNV4GB is already patched for Skyrim (needs a little bit of cleanup accoding to the author in the Bethesda Thread) and works perfect here on my machine.

Still what a dumb move from Bethesda to do this. The FO3 solution (open TESV.exe and protected launcher) was the most comfortable for the paying user and still contained a kind of DRM. Now it's again a pain to mod for me for this game because of this slow and unstable steam crap.

Doesn't work on mine Sesom.

@ginnyfizz

I used the old version from the Bethsoft thread on Win7 64bit. There are still a few hassles to get the path of the exe correct and deal with the file protection of windows (I disabled it in my win7 installation for the steam game directory) but I am sure they will be sorted out soon.

For the Skyrim Script Extender a quote from ianpatt one of the main developers:

Yeah, just updated the local SKSE build so that it works with the Steam-wrapped version.
Edited by sesom

FWIW I was able to restore the original version of TESV.exe by right-clicking the exe and selecting properties->previous versions. The old one still works fine and lets me run without Steam. I will keep using it for now.

This is on Win 7 64-bit. I had left my PC on and unattended since Friday, and Steam was running in the background. I just got home, exited Steam, and restored the old executable. The patch did not touch any other files, just tesv.exe.

FWIW I was able to restore the original version of TESV.exe by right-clicking the exe and selecting properties->previous versions. The old one still works fine and lets me run without Steam. I will keep using it for now.

This is on Win 7 64-bit. I had left my PC on and unattended since Friday, and Steam was running in the background. I just got home, exited Steam, and restored the old executable. The patch did not touch any other files, just tesv.exe.

Bless you. Steam just forced the patch on me after it deleted the old exe. Didnt even know you could revert to old versions like that.

Anyone else having texture issues with this new "update"? My textures were all fine before the patch, and now they're so blurry as to be unrecognizable. My companion's glass armor, for example, is just a big old blur. I did have HD texture packs before, but nothing that affected armor. Anyone have any suggestions as to why this happened all of a sudden? (Note: I've removed all my mods and textures, so that's not it.)

Janessa's glass armor: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002023919/screenshot/614968789492062934?tab=public

Well eff this. There's no way I'm downloading this patch (I've had it running in offline mode since I got it).

I paid a lot for this game, and I use a lot of mods to make it pretty. Bethesda, I will NOT let you make my game ugly again! After waiting in line for an hour or two for the midnight release and buying it *with* the guide, I should be able to play it how I want, not how *you* want.

>.<