Skyrim patch downloading right NOW (pc)

SHO3LACE

oh groovy, so I put Steam in offline mode and yet it downloaded the update. Way to earn my trust Steam, really. So now I know I can't godamn trust it to remain "offline". Could be doing all kind of things behind my back. what the f***.

I reverted to the 1.1 Exe, and I should be getting the LAA (cheers chumps didn't know such a patch existed). Steam is now firewalled, blocked from my HDD and devoid of any internet connection. I was trusting the "offline" mode but not anymore.

I had mine in off line mode as well and I couldn't understand how it managed to add the update. At least I know how that happened now. Who knew Steam off line means it is just sorta kinda off line.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

200+ posts in less than 24 hours because a DRM patch screwed up a surprising number of PC gamers. I wonder if this is unique to this forum since almost everyone here uses mods or if it is just as bad an inconvenience outside of nexus.

nope bethesda's forum as well

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1284665-skyrim-just-updated-via-steam-thread-2/

Problem with those forums is that people there are not as nice as we are. Atleast in my experience. :confused:

200+ posts in less than 24 hours because a DRM patch screwed up a surprising number of PC gamers. I wonder if this is unique to this forum since almost everyone here uses mods or if it is just as bad an inconvenience outside of nexus.

nope bethesda's forum as well

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1284665-skyrim-just-updated-via-steam-thread-2/

Problem with those forums is that people there are not as nice as we are. Atleast in my experience. :confused:

Also noone deletes you here when you tell the naked truths :biggrin:

Here: http://support.bethsoft.com/eng/email.asp

Spam their support with 'WTF DID YOU DO'

Just did it, actually relieved myself now a bit tx to it...

I've been honest with them, not really WTF but i made them clear that every smart, by the head, skyrim player is now pulling all their hairs out their heads because most upgrade pc half a year ago just for this game.

Beth failed to understand that in the past and let it came out 2GB whise... We do understand it and the community quickly picks up the right way of 4GB... Beth just reads a tiny thing, works a bit and release a patch that fixes a hueeeee.... and gras..... And destroys the single best tool out there for there game. I just wrote them they destroyed the community quite hard on this moment...

And placed a link in there that shows THEMSELVES what their game can actually do with that tool, combined with SKYRIM.INI settings (not SKYRIMPREFS.INI)...

How they don't know this themselves is my biggest wonder yet...

BTW this is the link! best site for ini info ever, BUT only works on the LAA, because you tripple or more certain grid and cell loading behaviour...

READ!: http://deadendthrills.com/?cat=314

Edited by Sppedthrill

the main Problem with Steam is, that it forces itself onto gamers.

No, you're wrong. Nobody forced you to buy Skyrim.

On the box, it is clearly mentionned that you need to install Steam in order to play the game.

That's all. If you bought the game knowing this fact, you accepted it.

I agree this is clearly abused, but you still have the choice. It's not like if it was hidden when you bought the game...

It's just the fact you hoped it wouldn't be too restrictive/boring/embarassing to use Steam, like everyone, or you just didn't care about it :-/

You're right that nobody forced people to buy Skyrim but at the same time they shouldn't have developed such a great game that's pat of the legacy that is the Elder Scrolls and then after it was all bought and paid for allow Steam to restrict it like they've done...I mean, with the patch installed it rendered the game unplayable for TOO MANY people and that is just unacceptable by any means. Assuming they even KNEW it was going to be done...it's gone through my mind that even Bethesda didn't know that they were going to go ahead and do this. It strikes me as too high of a marketing risk for them because next time a game comes out, you can bet your buttons people will remember this and wonder if the price is worth the cost. I do realize however, that some people will keep repeatedly bashing their heads into a different pole with the same outcome.

oh groovy, so I put Steam in offline mode and yet it downloaded the update. Way to earn my trust Steam, really. So now I know I can't godamn trust it to remain "offline". Could be doing all kind of things behind my back. what the f***.

I reverted to the 1.1 Exe, and I should be getting the LAA (cheers chumps didn't know such a patch existed). Steam is now firewalled, blocked from my HDD and devoid of any internet connection. I was trusting the "offline" mode but not anymore.

I had mine in off line mode as well and I couldn't understand how it managed to add the update. At least I know how that happened now. Who knew Steam off line means it is just sorta kinda off line.

Yeah, good things to know right? I mean steam for an SP game? really?