Skyrim patch downloading right NOW (pc)

SHO3LACE

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now they broke the LAA, the only thing that made it run stable. Fixed the hue of tree hunks and the angle of grass.

*lmao*

Im actually dieing of laughter here.This is so funny, werent it so sadly true. Thank god for backups.

sorry for a most likely dumb question but what is LAA?

Large Adress Aware patch that makes skyrim use more memory then the default 2gb or so i think...correct me if im wrong.

Large Adress Aware patch that makes skyrim use more memory then the default 2gb or so i think...correct me if im wrong.

Correct. Without it the game is as stable as a one legged old lady trying to unicycle backwards of a cliff.

weird I don't use it but I rarely crash maybe 1 or 2 times every over day maybe i'm real lucky.

Well, I'm certainly glad I read this before launching my game through Steam this morning. I don't want the dang thing, so I made a shortcut to the exe file to my desktop so I can avoid getting this patch. Also made a back up for my TES exe. What in heaven's name were they thinking (well, they probably weren't thinking about us the paying customers, that's for sure)?

Well thanks SHO3LACE for highlighting this, and everyone else for clarifying, I've told Steam NOT to update... let's hope it works.

Anyone know what time this patch was released into the wild. I loaded Skyrim up 4 hours ago, hoping it didn't update and I can jsut keep it running for... a few months.

Oh ya has any body else got steam community to work with skyrim I can't even get it to work it says "Steam Community is ready" or what ever, but when i press the button it doesn't pop up any one else have this prob? or is it not supported for some reason?

Glad I backed up my exe when testing the 4gig launcher lol, it still launches fine without steam if you have your old exe file. Also annoying it updated with auto update disabled, same rubbish as NV :(