Can't start a new game

NCRForever

So, FO4 updated again and now I can't start a new run through. I have deleted the FO4.ini, even deleted the FO4 and FO4Launcher exes, and reverified the files. No go. Any other ideas would be awesome. Thank you.

Edited by NCRForever

I have the same problem when starting a new game but I found away around it but you need to do some old school ini tweaking... it is due to a mod or two in my load order so what I did was first save my current plugin and DLC ini files in a folder called current load. then I created a stripped down plugin.ini with just my character creation mods and nothing else no scrapping or settlement mods I saved to a folder called newgame after I hot swap the new game ini files into the appdata fallout4 folder and start a new game and after I made my character I save and exit then hot swap back my fully modded ini files if you use NMM I can't help you because I've never used NMM or any auto functioned plugin loader like I said I've been making load ini files by hand since Oblivion I learned to apply mods by stick shift.. lol

I haven't done that since Morrowind. Maybe you would be so kind as to upload your stripped down .ini or just post it here. But, I will give it a go as I did in Morrowind. If I can remember right. Thanks again.

I got it working. Thanks ClayboTGW. Maybe you should post that in the downloads section as a fix for others who may not know. Old school tricks that still work. I had forgotten all about that. Thanks again.