Skyrim Launcher Problem

zac dorkus

I open steam, click play on skyrim which opens the skyrim launcher, click play on the skyrim launcher but all that does is open another skyrim launcher. So I go looking for skyrim.exe or TESV.exe or whatever it is and I can't find it where it's supposed to be or anywhere else in the Steam folders. So i'm guessing Steam has somehow managed to lose my .exe for Skyrim? Is the only way to fix this to re-install? And if I do have to re-install is there any way I can keep my save games?

I open steam, click play on skyrim which opens the skyrim launcher, click play on the skyrim launcher but all that does is open another skyrim launcher. So I go looking for skyrim.exe or TESV.exe or whatever it is and I can't find it where it's supposed to be or anywhere else in the Steam folders. So i'm guessing Steam has somehow managed to lose my .exe for Skyrim? Is the only way to fix this to re-install? And if I do have to re-install is there any way I can keep my save games?

Follow this thread: Link

I don't understand how that link helps me, other than telling me that Bethesda have released a patch that doesn't let a mod work. So where has my TESV.exe gone? Basically all that discussion told me was that there was a patch, that patch stopped LAA from working and seems to have deleted my TESV.exe without replacing it with a patched one?

I think the patch was meant to replace the TESV.exe with a new one but instead it has just got rid of it, meaning we can't play the game. I'm going to try deleting local game content and re-installing soon if nobody has a better solution :P

This just happened to me recently as well.

I was playing Skyrim and then took a break. After I came back bam -- skyrim doesn't launch after I click PLAY on the Launcher.

Then I check my Skyrim folder and my TESV.exe is gone...

I also realised before I launched the game, Steam had some kind of mini update...

I had the same problem but just found a fix, read it on the steam forums:

1. Right click on the game in your steam library

2. Go to properties

3. Go to Local files

4. Click on Verify Integrity of Game Cache

It will update and then the game runs fine, at least it did for me.

Hope that helps! :)