Skyrim Launcher Problem

zac dorkus

I had the same problem but just found a fix, read it on the steam forums:

1. Right click on the game in your steam library

2. Go to properties

3. Go to Local files

4. Click on Verify Integrity of Game Cache

It will update and then the game runs fine, at least it did for me.

Hope that helps! :)

You sir, are a genius. +1

2. Go to properties

3. Go to Local files

OMG thank you so much! It works again! XD

I backed up the TesV.exe just incase those Steam bastards try something funny again -- never launching this game through steam. Ever.

I swear to God if these sons of a bitches will try pull something like this again I'm going to pirate every single game. Seriously, this is ridiculous.

2. Go to properties

3. Go to Local files

Thanks this worked for me as well :biggrin:

Yeah I just realised this reboots Skyrim into the "original" steam version, not the updated version. :S

Well, thank God I have the CD. I'm reinstalling this and never putting Steam online again. >.>

I had this same problem, and found another option. I right clicked on the skyrim folder > properties > previous versions> version from yesterday (when it worked) > copy the TESV.exe file > pasted it back into the current folder where it was deleted from.

The game runs again. I hope this helps for those that verify the integrity didn't work for.

Found this solution in another forum and it worked for me:

I found this out, not sure why, it stops working but Navigate your .exe for Skyrim generally located in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim for 64bit systems

and/or

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim for 32bit systems

Look for TESV.exe

Right click on it click Properties and go to the Compatibility tab at the bottom it will say Privilege Level and under that a check box, make sure this is unchecked.

It worked fine for me

very interesting problem hope this helped guys and Happy Gaming

Can someone please post a copy of the old TESV with LAA patch? everyone keeps fapping about how they have it and will play in offline mode but no one is uploading it for those of us who need it.

Please do not post the original TesV.exe here. That is a copyrighted file and is not allowed on The Nexus for LEGAL reasons. We have already removed a dozen copies here. and banned several people for posting it. I believe it was Steam and not Bethsoft that created this gamebreaking patch. :wallbash:

Bben46, Moderator

I open steam, click play on skyrim which opens the skyrim launcher, click play on the skyrim launcher but all that does is open another skyrim launcher. So I go looking for skyrim.exe or TESV.exe or whatever it is and I can't find it where it's supposed to be or anywhere else in the Steam folders. So i'm guessing Steam has somehow managed to lose my .exe for Skyrim? Is the only way to fix this to re-install? And if I do have to re-install is there any way I can keep my save games?

I had this exact same thing happen after the patch. The only thing I had done so far was to modify the .EXE file to run as administrator because it reduced the times that my game would CTD. I changed the EXE file back to run as normal and the game now starts rather than looping back to the launcher.

However the crashing now occurs more often and the game itself loads noticeably slower than it previously did. Really wish i had a saved version of the original EXE because this "patch" is crap.