Vault-Tec Workshop DLC Is Out - First Impressions

RaffTheSweetling

Just a nitpick, but you can build vault pieces pretty much anywhere. Their demo stream showed a huge vault built over Spectacle Island.

I went to one of my settlements and opened up the workshop. No vault pieces, no vault posters as well as several other of the vault decorative pieces, no new vault power stations and no new security posts just to name a few. Do these things unlock later? Please tell me I missed something.

Edited by Ithlia

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At my other settlements I was still able to build all the new furniture, lights, etc. and the surgery and barber chairs, but not the guard post, power station and vault build set.

Oh well, I'm sure ccmads will have it in SOE before long, lol. ;)

I'm confused by the various sectors, though I am only just now collecting the boards. Once all the sectors are active, does that make the various sectors and the main area one larger settlement, or several separate areas all connecting to one workshop? I'm sure the quest will address that, I hope.

Once I realized where I was going to find the source of the signal, I was quite happy about it. It made sense in a way for a vault to be down there. I have to ask . . . if the vault was nowhere near complete, they obviously didn't have food supplies to last 200 years. Ghouls do eat, right? What was she eating all those days?

I've only played up to the point of unlocking the workshop but so far it seems like it might be kind of fun. The space to build is definitely large enough. So far I decided to help the overseer but that's because I want to see what she wants me to do. If I end up becoming too evil then we may have to part ways. Either way that space will be mine.

I'm wondering now if you build a vault there, will the raiders respawn outside? That might be really inconvenient for someone at a lower level.

the quest is very short then you are just left with the vault build at 88. forget building any other vaults like the marketing suggested, you can just build ABOVE ground, like any other walls etc at exsisting settlements, it comes along with the now infamous bethesda bugs that have been there since day 1 and basicly it just adds more ways to do the same thing, again.

I would have been happy if they had just added a few empty underground cells that you could link to by dropping a vault door down, then at least there would have been some new areas to build in. but no, just the one place that quickly gets dull with settlers bumping into walls and pointless laim experiments breaking or dont even start.

think this is the last nail in the coffin to move onto a different game unless some modders make the DLC useful

The fact they cant even be arsed to follow their own storyline anymore, since when as any fallout title had vaults above ground? they either in the side of a mountain or underground. why would u even want to build a vault above ground, it makes no sense. so whats the point of it if you can only build above ground outside of vault 88

Edited by LeonTubrok

The whole idea of this DLC is stupid, who is vault-tec? Why did they do this to people? What happened to them or their leaders? The main story of the game says that since humanity found a limitless source of energy societies collapsed due to hyper consumption of resources. So why did vault-tec start the war anyway? What is the story? This game could have done a lot to tell that story with a better narrative instead of old terminal messages hidden away here and there. Now this build your own vault crap just dumbs it down even more. Gone is the mystery of vault-tec now replaced with more sims crap. Keep it up beth make nuka world even worse than this and guarantee yourselves less customers in the future.

The whole idea of this DLC is stupid, who is vault-tec? Why did they do this to people? What happened to them or their leaders? The main story of the game says that since humanity found a limitless source of energy societies collapsed due to hyper consumption of resources. So why did vault-tec start the war anyway? What is the story? This game could have done a lot to tell that story with a better narrative instead of old terminal messages hidden away here and there. Now this build your own vault crap just dumbs it down even more. Gone is the mystery of vault-tec now replaced with more sims crap. Keep it up beth make nuka world even worse than this and guarantee yourselves less customers in the future.

Exactly - Is there a point?

The only point, that a few of dialog was: and yes, sorry, going to say it again:

FO - meets - SIMS.

What this told a couple of us started to wonder was/is:

Is Beth running out of ideas / story lines?

The sad thing is, there are still plenty of FO ideas, stories and such that could / should be played on.

Here are a few, that we talked about:

There is the President Eden and the Enclave story.

There is the BoS, Beginnings.

FO - Restoration. Further develop the GECK and spreading healing in the USA.

FO - Battle for restoration of the Country.

FO - Mutant, "healing", here in FO-4 we have a clue that it can be done.

FO - Vault-Tec, who were they, what were they and could we have a hero that tries to stop the "bad" ideas that VT wanted to do? Uncover the people behind the plan?

Intertwine FO-03 ... FO - NV ... FO-4 and the pre- FO-3 stories.

There is a lot of HISTORY that could easily be played on and with.

I have to admit that the Vault-Tec DLC, left me 'dry'. I did the main, cleaning - activating and I was done.

This just did NOT make sense to me.

I'm just glad I got the Season Pass at a very excellent discount price. Because so far, Far Harbor is well worth it. Robot one, "so so". As Charlie Brown stated: "There is no heavier burden than a potential."

One of the things, is the easiness of building a vault underground.

Seriously?

For those who focus on "immersion", there would be no "immersion" on this one. How could there be? You would need heavy equipment / tractors and a lot more to 'immersively' build an underground vault, and simply put: That will not - cannot happen.

I have to admit, if Nuka-World is anything like this ... well .. I at least got Far Harbor and Robots.

The best thing I learned after trying it is that you can uncheck it your Steam library, and it will no longer load. Go back to a earlier save and it's like it was never there. I didn't know that before. Thanks Bethesda. For some reason I'm not really chomping at the bit for Nuka World.

Having had my little sarcastic rant I do have to say that I have enjoyed the game. Far Harbor was good and even the workshop DLC's have a lot of stuff I consider worthwhile.

It's a pity we can't play gambling game and win caps just like in new vegas. Slot machines are just only a simple decoration and adding "fun" for our settlers.

But also, a real pity that we don't have a main story about Vault Tec.

That's a missing opportunity in this DLC :T

Edited by SignorNessuno