Bored of Skyrim?

itsmaia

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not bored yet! I rest and do some random stuff to keep me going in the game and out side the game. Lately I have been looking at all the sights in Skyrim and taking screenshots as much as possible . . . not ready to post any yet tho, maybe after some more graphic enhancing mods come. But, I am particularly looking for areas that would be awesome for an epic LOTR mod I want to do - I will add nothing to the game as much as possible, except for changes to items and minor landscaping. Anyways Skyrim is on the border of getting boring with me, all the different quest lines and plot all turn out the same, so it is getting more repetitive.

As much as I hate to admit this, I have started to become rather bored... I feel so ashamed of it, because I know this is such a great game, with a good story and a beautiful world. I can't help but feel like everything is always the same. Like the only purpose of the game is speak with this guy, go to this cave and get this item, return back, repeat the process. I don't know, maybe it's because since it came out I've been playing everyday for hours and hours straight, but who hasn't, right?

I've tried to change things up a little, like different weapons, getting married, different spells, no fast travel, etc.

Anyway, has Skyrim also been making you bored and uninterested?

Maybe you just grown up ? Old truth is that you had to have a child in your heart to play RPG-s

• 2 weeks later...

For me, bored isn't the word. Exasperated, irritated, disappointed at times, yes. The repeating of stock phrases by the characters is, perhaps, the most irritating and baffling thing. Why on earth would Bethesda do that, knowing people will be spending hundreds of hours in the game?

And, yes, because the towns are small and all feel the same, and the environment above ground doesn't change, the entire world seems small.

The dungeons are great, but I get claustrophobic if I'm down there too long.

I don't think they dwelled too much on the details of the player's experience. If they did, they didn't get it right.

All that doesn't add up to boredom. Most quests (depending on my frame of mind) are really good. I do like the rugged feel (although the graphics--mostly the exteriors)--to me seem unfinished or sketchy, while others are crisp as hell).

Just wandering and exploring is nearly always rewarding and surprising. But I'm itching for a passive wildlife mod.

This Bloke Sums it up for me!

Bored of Skyrim... after 200+ hours YOU BET! But on a different note I got COD 3 MW for Christmas and after oh about 15 minutes of that chaos I found myself back to randomly exploring in Skyrim. Seems that I could do some more New Vegas too......

Oh and that 200+ hours was spent developing one very good character.

Edited by elleonblanco

Hmm, dont know if i burned out.

203 Hours game time, first i kept my character in its line, then later i figured that without development i kinda get aimless.

Bugs where there, but i didnt care (xept for the pussydragons, that never attacked me).

It was a fantastic game, but now it will land on the shelve (to its older brothers)

And again as the "Older Scrolls" no Mod can revive the fun for me anymore. :( sad

So the game was worth its money and its definitly one of my fav games.

Dont ask me why i quit, i really cant point my finger on it.

There is ONE thing that really made the game totally outstanding, and that was the details and love to the dungeons, doors, riddles and other mechanics.

The animations and design of those are unmatched (and i play a lot of games)

But tbh

I just made another F:NV Character

Dont know why, but THAT game never gets old for me

Edited by PrometheusV

Well, 170hs, a single character, but i did 90% of what there is to do inside Skyrim anyway (thank you college for electing me as archmage! i have no training at all in magic, did i tell you? ) and yes, im kinda bored of it.

Im waiting for the CK to make a quest mod, did a few simple scripts back then for FO3, and a few retextures, some level design, but no quest mods and i have a few ideas. Funny thing is that if i cant edit the general strength of enchanting probably i'll have to rewrite 2 or 3 books and think everything again lol

there's next to no choices in this game

something the fallout games and mass effect games done really well, choices that change the outcome of quests and the world are what make an rpg of this size immersive, it would also add replayability along with conflicting quest lines

i thought after the fallout games this would have lots of moral and important decisions to make but i was wrong, the biggest decision i found was to let cierco(spelling?) live or die and that has absolutely no impact on the game at all (didn't join imperial or stormcloak yet)

it's the same as oblivion, every quest finishes with the same unimportant outcome

the guild quests are no different from oblivion, do a few quest and become leader of all of them, wheres the deeper stories with conflicting guilds for gods sake?? like a bitter power struggle between the colledge of winterhold and the dark brotherhood for example?

bethesdas story writers seem to be lacking in any complexity and just write every quest as a standalone quest with no impact on any others, why can a character become arch mage, leader of the dark brotherhood, leader of the companions, leader of the thieves guild? (haven't done it yet) all in one play through,

wheres the role playing?

it gets boring fast