Bored of Skyrim?

itsmaia

why can a character become arch mage, leader of the dark brotherhood, leader of the companions, leader of the thieves guild? (haven't done it yet) all in one play through,

Because they cater to a new and probably younger audience, who wants it all with one character in one single playthrough.

I agree with you on the Fallout series, since it is developed/published by Bethesda and features the open world concept. I would have expected much more after they have already proven they are up to it. But the Mass Effects, as much as I loved the games, are a different pair of shoes. They are designed to follow a more or less linear path to a grand finale.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

People,needing serious help here.

I'm bored of Skyrim, and it's hard to explain. I'm not bored of the game environment. But,to put it simply: I've been a Dark Brotherhood assassin. I joined the Thieves Guild. The Companions are known to me. I drove the Stormcloaks away. I have crawled through countless dungeons and done so many different things. Now,I am tired. The game is becoming a labour, and even restarting it hasn't helped, because it's like I've seen it all. I can barely play for 5 minutes without hitting escape and quitting. It's like I've gone through too many things and wish that things could be new and fresh again.

I need a way to put the spark back into Skyrim again. I've tried laying off it for weeks. No major success.

Any ideas?

Take a break, I suppose haha.

I just find myself playing for 20 minutes or so then quitting. Too many quests are broken and I find myself quitting to find the "setstage" codes, then just saying "F it, I don't wanna deal with this." They need to patch the fricking game.

Dunno, it's just lacking the adventure and fun I had in Morrowind and Oblivion. I'll prolly pick it back up again once it's completely patched.

Take a break, I suppose haha.

I just find myself playing for 20 minutes or so then quitting. Too many quests are broken and I find myself quitting to find the "setstage" codes, then just saying "F it, I don't wanna deal with this." They need to patch the fricking game.

Dunno, it's just lacking the adventure and fun I had in Morrowind and Oblivion. I'll prolly pick it back up again once it's completely patched.

EXACTLY! To many quests are broken! I think I've spent more time trying to fix quests then playing in the last 2 days. I was 140+ hours in hadn't even gone through the main quests and said screw it and started over because of the following:

1. Roggvir's stupid Amulet of Talos glitch.

2. Did Thieves Guild quest before Uttering Hills bounty.

3. The whole Blood on the Ice debacle.

4. Used Unofficial Patch and got Look Up Failed! all over!

Restarted, (fixed the first 3 although I can't buy the house in Windhelm) I'm back to lvl 55 still waiting to do Diplomatic Immunity and pick a side, but now:

1. I can't do the Forgmaster's Fingers quest because I'm already blood kin after helping the 2 orcs in Markarth, I didn't know that would happen and it sucks because I wanted to do that quest.

2. And I can't do the The Wolf Queen Awakens Quest because I'm already Thane of Riften.

If someone could help me fix those last 2 I would greatly appreciate it! Pretty pleeease!

But, it's like these quests should come with a warning, or there should be a webpage or forum or something called WAIT BEFORE YOU START PLAYING SKYRIM READ THIS!

WhipDiddyWhip, on 01 January 2012 - 03:53 PM, said:

why can a character become arch mage, leader of the dark brotherhood, leader of the companions, leader of the thieves guild? (haven't done it yet) all in one play through,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because Bethedsa give CHOICE thats why.

Make the game as they did and you can do all those things in one play through IF YOU WANT. Or you can choose not to you have CHOICE

BUT

Make the game so you can`t well the people who like it that way are fine BUT the people who want to be everything can`t the game has less CHOICE

Its as simple as that - like fast travel, I hate it but I want it in so people Have CHOICE, 1st person view I hate but I want it in so people have CHOICE.

Because they cater to a new and probably younger audience, who wants it all with one character in one single playthrough.

I agree with you on the Fallout series, since it is developed/published by Bethesda and features the open world concept. I would have expected much more after they have already proven they are up to it. But the Mass Effects, as much as I loved the games, are a different pair of shoes. They are designed to follow a more or less linear path to a grand finale.

Yeah us old folk are used to one character for each different major "guild" for lack of a better term. (Except I admit I do play my sneaky character through the thieves guild and then he "graduates to" the dark brotherhood - but thats just because that guy is a cold hard killer. It makes no sense for one character to be able to invest so much time and join all groups... unrealistic. But its what the younger audience wants - or so the marketers make them think.

EDIT: Im also in favor of personal (player) and character choice. Having choices is a good thing.

Edited by Rastafariel

Honestly it all depends.

I'm NOT that bored, but i'd be lying if i said i don't get bored eventualy for long period gaming.

This game REALLY REALLY REALLY lacks quests and a live world, Bethesda should learn a bit from Obsidian. I mean just look at all those hundreeds and hundreeds of quests in Skyrim.

Lots of the sidequests in Skyrim lie in the Dungeons/Caves, but what fun is in that? 80% of the Dungeons and Caves are just copy & pasted over and over with you facing the same atmosphere, look and enemies time after time.

To be bored of this kind of game is nothing to be ashamed of.