Settlements Expanded

threefoldmind

So has anyone found mods that add FUNCTIONAL items to settlements. All the ones I have found add asthetic things, but not one has added any items that DO anything. Sure having more Water and Power is nice, but overall is meaningless unless I can somehow ACTUALLY benefit FROM SETTLEMENTS. Sure you gain exp from settlement building but you also gain exp from killing raiders, and raiders give you Guns, Armor, Chems, Caps, and more importantly Legendary Items.

The Robot Workbench, Decontamination Arc, and various workshops are examples of the sort of things I want. They all add something FUNCTIONAL to the game that does not exclusively effect Settlement building. (Free Rad Scrub, Robots, expanded crafting options, etc)

Manufactoring Extended adds new devices and modifies exsisting ones

CWSS redux adds functioning showers, sinks, and toilets complete with sounds lol.

Basement Living lets you build small underground hideaways.

Northland Diggers adds a lot of new jobs/workstations.

These are just off the top of my head. ;)

Maybe it's just me but the tone of your post comes across as unnecessarily snarky.

In just the past two weeks ONLY, the following settlement related and functional (beyond decor) mods have been released:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14326/? CWSS Redux (borderline in that it's basically decor, but it does have buffs)
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16406/? Building Materials Dispenser--I LOVE this one
I didn't include the multiple mods that came out in the same time frame that give you new crafting recipes for drinks, chems etc; the mods for Contraptions Workshop that expand/improve on what you can manufacture, or a ton of other stuff. You know you can always sort by Category and actually look for mods yourself right? Or you know, take a look at the Latest Files list once a day to see what's new.

I went through Gameplay Effects and Changes, Player Settlements, and Crafting Settlements and only really found stuff to add asthetics. Pretty stuff is nice, but I find it very disheartening to think that is isnt much in the way of Function with Settlement building.

As far as seeming snarky... idk. Maybe its my form of articulation? Maybe its the fact that I used CAPS for emphasis.

I am genuinely looking for mods to help improve my experience. I did just now find one called "Research Projects" which I am hoping will help with the feel of the game. Looks like it has unique buildable stuff which requires high science and what not.

But part of what I want is to have settlements that reflect my characters and also to be able to turn the settlements into one vast and diverse wasteland.

But thanks for the mods suggestions, if you guys have any others please let me know :D