No HUD, map, or journal=Epic Mode

Aegrus

As the title said, I turned my HUD opacity to 0. I also don't fast-travel or look at any map other than my paper one. I know- it sounds bad. I thought I wouldn't like it. I can't see my hp or mana now, which is a little annoying, yet. . . I have to say I prefer it this way.

I pay a lot more attention to the scenery and npcs now. Instead of drifting through the landscape towards the little arrow, I actually use sign posts, roads, and landmarks now. To figure out what to do for quests, I listen to people, read books, explore, and ask around. Before, I was never really interested in what NPCs had to say. Now, I am. I find myself picking up on hints in books or rumor dialogue and going to the College of Winterhold's library, or my personal library, for research.

Want to find a dwemer ruin? Instead of running through fields and bumping into trees blindly and emotionlessly, or simply teleporting, I can now have a real adventure with my allies. Every side quest seems more epic. I use my brain to track things down. Sure, it takes a long time- but I find the hunt for my objectives entertaining. There are detective mechanics I never noticed before.

I plan on downloading required eating and sleeping mods, weather affect mods, darker nights and dungeon mods, expanded dialogue, and other realism mods as soon as they are available.

You'd be amazed at how much more different and real the game feels. I advise every one to try it, at least once. This level of realism isn't right for everyone, but you'll never know unless you give it a shot.

Sounds good ill have to give that a try. been trying to stop fast traveling and skipping through the quests. Looks like it will make the game harder and pay more attention to whats going on or not you get lost. with the no hp and mana seems extreme never know when you will die.

Sounds good ill have to give that a try. been trying to stop fast traveling and skipping through the quests. Looks like it will make the game harder and pay more attention to whats going on or not you get lost. with the no hp and mana seems extreme never know when you will die.

I agree on the no hp or mana being a bit extreme.

I have been playing with no compass, crosshair and fast travel for a while now and it has opened up the game a lot. Now whenever I'm near my home with my wife, and it's getting late, I walk/run all the way there and sleep until 5-6 am so that I have the benefit of the 8 hour buff. And since I don't use fast travel, I get to experience that buff for the whole 8 hours! Actually using inns as oppose to fast travelling home is kind of fun too. If you think you are getting bored already, I advise you try to commit to this play style for a bit. You might find it quite fun and compelling.

I agree on the no hp or mana being a bit extreme.

I have been playing with no compass, crosshair and fast travel for a while now and it has opened up the game a lot. Now whenever I'm near my home with my wife, and it's getting late, I walk/run all the way there and sleep until 5-6 am so that I have the benefit of the 8 hour buff. And since I don't use fast travel, I get to experience that buff for the whole 8 hours! Actually using inns as oppose to fast travelling home is kind of fun too. If you think you are getting bored already, I advise you try to commit to this play style for a bit. You might find it quite fun and compelling.

How do you disable compass?