Annoying things

rebelscum

4. Another annoyance? Well I hate loose ends, and I hate things that are hinted at me but only as filler or whatever. I'm unsure if this is possible yet or not, but I want to clean up Riften. I've heard talk from so many NPCs about how corrupt everything is and how some people came there to do just that and failed or gave up on life or whatever that awful city does to people. I get it, sure some things are out of your control and you can't clean up a corrupt city alone... or can you? Why not? I've conquered enemy strongholds, I've been sent into Vampire lairs alone or zombie infested catacombs to battle horrible extremely powerful entities, yet cleaning up corruption is out of my reach? Why? Is my character some sort of muscley idiot? He can't comprehend politics, only a sword? Well I'd like to think not.

Regarding this, one of the first conversations the player can have is with Mjoll the Lioness, who says she dislikes corruption, to which the player can agree; she also mentions that she wants to clean up the town, but just hasn't been able to. She also mentions Maven Black-Briar to be one of the major sources of the town's corruption, implying that, if the head was cut off, the body might die. In such a case, eveb cleaning up a city through the use of a sword sounds possible, or at least a good indication of where to start is given to the player.

Then, it turns out Maven Black-Briar, like 33-50% of the game's named NPCs, is essential. No wonder the player can't clean up a town of corruption: Bethsoft's idea of a solution to any problem seems to be, "Stick a knife in it", and when the enemy you're fighting is immortal, of course there's no way the player can win against the corruption.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AssyMcGee, the breezehome I agree with, the decor is pretty lame.

I just bought breezehome, and I also bought the add ons. Loaded a save where I was saved at home and when it loaded all the furnishings, tables, bed, bookcase gone, fireplace was out, and all the decorative stuff was all over the floor (including my pride the cheese wheel stack of doom had toppled over). OMG, I've been burgled, I thought.Walked out the door and back in again, and all the furnishings were back but all the stuff still on the floor. Then I reloaded the save and it was back to normal except for one or two odds and ends still on the floor. Thankfully I didn't have to pick up all that mess. Will have to call it 'the morning after the party' bug :). V annoying!!