Assassination contract

Pushkatu

Just looted that cabin with the hidden basement full tunnels with Bandits and dead Draugr and the 256987 notes about staying out of the "Treasure Room"

Now I've cleared the place, I swear there's one of those the 3 Bandit Hit Squads (1 melee, 1 ranged, 1 spellcaster) behind every second tree, rock, shrub or stray goat in Skyrim!

Just looted that cabin with the hidden basement full tunnels with Bandits and dead Draugr and the 256987 notes about staying out of the "Treasure Room"

Now I've cleared the place, I swear there's one of those the 3 Bandit Hit Squads (1 melee, 1 ranged, 1 spellcaster) behind every second tree, rock, shrub or stray goat in Skyrim!

Are you sure they're hired thugs? There's a radiant event where you meet two Bandit Chiefs along with two Bandits. Usually the second regular bandit will end up just running and cowering after you kill the two chiefs and the archer. He should still show up on the radar tho.

Edited by Stemin

Are you sure they're hired thugs? There's a radiant event where you meet two Bandit Chiefs along with two Bandits. Usually the second regular bandit will end up just running and cowering after you kill the two chiefs and the archer. He should still show up on the radar tho.

Hmmm, I don't think they are 'hired thugs' per se, their not carrying an 'letters' after all (and there is only 3 of them not 4), but there are now WAY more of these groups than I've ever encountered in nearly 1000 hrs of play, this is the first playthrough that I've actually bothered clearing out that particular Bandit Hideout though, and apparently the dead CAN talk, as it seems their ghosts have tattled to every Bandit Chief in Skyrim and their sending about 9000% more of these squads than ever before

By the time you get through all the quest lines and side quests, it feels like everyone in Skyrim is out to get you even if you never triggered any thug contracts. Blood Horkers, Malyn Varen followers, Thalmor justiciars, Afflicted Remnants, and heaven-knows how many other groups are all scouring the landscape looking for vengeance on your butt. It's enough to make you want to ask Paarthurnax if he would mind having a roommate up there on his mountain, except then you'd have to listen to Odie squalling every five seconds 24x7.

You know something else I've learned? ... There are NO DRAGONS IN SKYRIM !!!

Yep' you read that right ... Current toon is lvl 43, been to every Dragon Roost ...Learned about 23 shouts so far from word walls at the aforementioned roosts and some dungeons, and apart from the odd Frost Trolls with anger management issues, and the occasional dead relative pestering me because they reckon I owe them money from a loan I got off them for that new Daedric Sword I really wanted, the places are empty ... nothing but the chirping of crickets ...

I have a theory though ... It's all ULFRIC"S FAULT .... He's the one actually spawning the dragons! See I decided to forgo the pleasure of his company on this playthrough (I DO miss Lydia though :sad: ) and as a result? No Dragons ...

Can you say ... =R=A=I=L=R=O=A=D= ... So much for "Open" game play ... pfft ... Ya can't even be Dragonborn without following the scripts to the letter ...

P l e a s e ... Bethesda, hire some decent writers and a decent Director and get this s**t sorted out!

Dragons start spawning after you kill the first one near Whiterun. Althou there is a mod wich spawns them from the start of the game provided you have alternate starts or you just don't want to do the MQ line.

Dragons start spawning after you kill the first one near Whiterun. Althou there is a mod wich spawns them from the start of the game provided you have alternate starts or you just don't want to do the MQ line.

That's my point! The whole MQ plot revolves around the Dragons returning, are they waiting for Ulfric to give them the go ahead? I shouldn't have to install a 'mod' just to play the game the way it SHOULD have been created in the first place.

Bethesda love to sprout about how they had 40,000 lines of dialogue in Fallout 3 and Skyrim supposedly has 47,000, yet in spite of that, they couldn't have ANYONE else in game say "Hey you must be Dragonborn!"

That's my point! The whole MQ plot revolves around the Dragons returning, are they waiting for Ulfric to give them the go ahead?

You said you have 23 shouts if I read that correctly so you should know that the event that triggers the dragons has nothing to do with Ulfric.

I see an awful lot of people attribute certain advertised points to Bethesda, but very little Propaganda from them on the official Skyrim page.

Yeah, obviously it's an open world game, but just as obviously they want you to play the storyline that they put so much time into creating.

That's my point! The whole MQ plot revolves around the Dragons returning, are they waiting for Ulfric to give them the go ahead?

You said you have 23 shouts if I read that correctly so you should know that the event that triggers the dragons has nothing to do with Ulfric.

So why then are their no Dragons? Yes I have learned 23 shouts, BUT, without Dragons and Dragon souls I ain't able to use them! ... And you don't get Dragons until you talk to Ulfric! (can't believe I actually have to explain that point)

As I said, I haven't been to Whiterun yet, so I also didn't encounter Aela and friends down at the farm killing the Giant, but I DID encounter Vilkas and out in the wilds, wandering around with a couple of Companions, and HE said "You look strong, come join the Companions" (or something like that) So my point is, if they can do something as simple as have multiple Companions tell you to join (if you haven't already) Or have all the Guards around Falkreath almost chase you down to tell you about a that b****y lost dog ... Why in the name of the nine can't we have a Dragons without Ulfric!

I see an awful lot of people attribute certain advertised points to Bethesda, but very little Propaganda from them on the official Skyrim page.

Oh? So your saying Bethesda never mentioned Dragons returning to Skyrim ... Hmmm, I guess I must have misread that part ... And I guess the Load Screen with the Dragon on it saying that Dragons have returned is just a typo ...

Yeah, obviously it's an open world game, but just as obviously they want you to play the storyline that they put so much time into creating.

I've read better written "stories" in the back of tabloid magazines! Let's be honest the "story" here isn't really very profound ... The game is fun and entertaining, it's a great time waster and there is a lot of satisfaction in running around, with sword, hacking and slashing at mythical creatures and throwing fireballs at NPC's, but please don't try and claim this game is anything special or wonderful, or Bethesda deserve some kind of leniency because Skyrim is so large or complex, because it's NOT!

And if they'd actually spent a little more time on continuity checks and created the product PROFESSIONALLY, then none of this would be an issue ...