Assassination contract

Pushkatu

So why then are their no Dragons? Yes I have learned 23 shouts, BUT, without Dragons and Dragon souls I ain't able to use them! ... And you don't get Dragons until you talk to Ulfric! (can't believe I actually have to explain that point)

As I said, I haven't been to Whiterun yet, so I also didn't encounter Aela and friends down at the farm killing the Giant, but I DID encounter Vilkas and out in the wilds, wandering around with a couple of Companions, and HE said "You look strong, come join the Companions" (or something like that) So my point is, if they can do something as simple as have multiple Companions tell you to join (if you haven't already) Or have all the Guards around Falkreath almost chase you down to tell you about a that b****y lost dog ... Why in the name of the nine can't we have a Dragons without Ulfric!

StayFrosty cleared up the confusion. You're talking about the wrong person. Which is really messed up, because I could see forgetting Balgruf's name, but Ulfric is pretty important.

And the idea is you're supposed to go straight to Riverwood and then straight to Whiterun. The fact that you choose not to is what isn't making sense story wise.

It's not unreasonable to think that with Thalmor and Imperial troops at Helgen that Alduin would have to go lick his wounds for a bit (perhaps even return to Sovereignguard), and then take time to go resurrect the other dragons. With his obvious arrogance, it's not unexpected that he should immediately attack upon his return without bothering to bring back the other dragons believing he wouldn't need them.

Oh? So your saying Bethesda never mentioned Dragons returning to Skyrim ... Hmmm, I guess I must have misread that part ... And I guess the Load Screen with the Dragon on it saying that Dragons have returned is just a typo ...

No, I'm saying I don't recall the fact that it's an "open world game" being advertised by Bethesda in any "official" propaganda. I could be wrong.

I've read better written "stories" in the back of tabloid magazines! Let's be honest the "story" here isn't really very profound ... The game is fun and entertaining, it's a great time waster and there is a lot of satisfaction in running around, with sword, hacking and slashing at mythical creatures and throwing fireballs at NPC's, but please don't try and claim this game is anything special or wonderful, or Bethesda deserve some kind of leniency because Skyrim is so large or complex, because it's NOT!

And if they'd actually spent a little more time on continuity checks and created the product PROFESSIONALLY, then none of this would be an issue ...

Yes, I'm well aware of your disappointment in Betheda's ability to tell a story along with many people on this board. I find it more disappointing than anything found in the game.

I happen to think this is an amazing game, and yet I'm constantly surrounded by people who only want to discuss what they find negative about the game. It's ironic since they usually continue to play it non stop while they complain about it.

Edited by Stemin

The game is about as complex as mortal humans can make it. To have every NPC in every quest line respond appropriately to you based on your accomplishments in all of the other quest lines would take such enormous amounts of programming and dialog that generations of developers would live and die before the game could be released. Yes, not having those connections leads to some silly situations. But there is just no practical way of dealing with all of them.

Imagine if every NPC in Skyrim had to have the right dialog and actions programmed in just in case they happened to be the one who was around when you killed your first dragon or the one who was around when the Graybeards summoned you. This alone would be a monstrous task, not to mention handling all the ramifications branching out from the event depending on where you were and who informed you.

And what would happen if you were alone when you killed that first dragon? Who would explain the concept of "dragonborn" to you, and who would know that the Graybeards were summoning YOU?

Any game like this needs to have certain choke points in the storyline to make it feasible to produce. Balgruuf is one of those.

@Perraine...You mean Jarl Balgruf in Whiterun...need to speak with him to activate the Dragons.....Ulfric is the leader of the Stormcloaks, his found in Windhelm.

Whoops my bad, thanks for the face palm :facepalm: ... I did mean Balgruf, just got my names wrong :wallbash: ... And let's be honest Balgruf, in this sense, plays a bigger role in the game than Ulfric (the guy who would be King!)

But, you gotta' love the guy who gives you Lydia as a gift ... :wub:

@Stemin Does working for Bethesda pay well? 'Coz only an employee of Bethesda could come up with stuff like that to justify the faults and inconsistencies in the game ...

I've never once said I don't like the game or that it is anything less than fun to play, I just can't stand people who piss on my shoes and try and tell me it's raining ... The the more people talk about the faults with the game, the more chance their is of something being done about it, that's called "Feedback" what an amazing thing!

So, BrettM your saying that a Dragon skeleton will never be found by anyone else in Skyrim, ever?

And It wouldn't need 'every' NPC to have a script, what about something like a messenger or courier delivering you a letter from the NPC who found it and spotted you running away from the scene or a 'friend' (like a hidden member of the blades) who wants to see all the Dragons dead... Wait a minute! We already have that! ...

Edited by Perraine

@Stemin Does working for Bethesda pay well? 'Coz only an employee of Bethesda could come up with stuff like that to justify the faults and inconsistencies in the game ...

I've never once said I don't like the game or that it is anything less than fun to play, I just can't stand people who piss on my shoes and try and tell me it's raining ... The the more people talk about the faults with the game, the more chance their is of something being done about it, that's called "Feedback" what an amazing thing!

And I can't stand people who have waterproof boots and still complain that their new boots are getting wet.

I'm not surprised that I'm automatically a fanboy because I like the game. That seems to be the mentality of a lot of people when you defend it. I never said there weren't things wrong with the game. Big damn deal. Nothing's perfect. EVER. Got that? EVER.

The point is how about talking about something they got right for a change instead of ****** and moaning every other thread about what you don't like.

And your idea of feedback is ridiculous. If all anyone ever did was complain do you think people would keep buying their games? And would Bethesda keep making them if nobody was buying them?

So, BrettM your saying that a Dragon skeleton will never be found by anyone else in Skyrim, ever?

And It wouldn't need 'every' NPC to have a script, what about something like a messenger or courier delivering you a letter from the NPC who found it and spotted you running away from the scene or a 'friend' (like a hidden member of the blades) who wants to see all the Dragons dead... Wait a minute! We already have that! ...

Oh yes. Perfect work around. We'll just have an all knowing courier who will run around and explain everything to you.

And you complained about Bethesda's story telling?

Guess what? None of that covers the NPC reactions for every event.

What does dragon skeletons have to do with anything?

Edited by Stemin